buying hermes online?

1. do you suggest this? are there sites that sell authentic hermes besides eBay? :graucho:

2. There are some sites that do sell authentic - some are consignment - you can Luxwear.com as a good one; and a few consignment shops - depends what you are looking for! I have bought from e-bay with great luck and been very happy - we can always help if you want to let us know what you're looking for...

3. shopmom...where are you????

4. Oh right Luxury-zurich (who posts here as well) also sell a lot!

5. I agree. I visit their website quite often, too! I haven't bought anything from them yet. I have no experience buying anything outside of Hermes. So, I am just little hesitant. But it is very tempting when I see their stuff. They have a lot of good stuff with really good deals (btw, I am not related to Luxury-zurich at all:lol::lol: :lol: ).

6. Here I am!:biggrin:

Yup, just got another dandy little scarf from the Boyz at LZ! It's very pretty - this time a pocket-square "Concerto" by Clerc. Never had a pocket-square but wore it today like a hair-band. Kinda cute!

Anyway....I think if you purchase wisely and from a reputable re-seller, you can't go wrong. I bought my 28cm Caramel Coromandel Kelly directly from the store and while it was a wonderful experience I don't necessarily have to do it again. BUT, the trade off is usually getting an older bag that has been well-loved by another before you. My Chocolate Sellier from LZ is 4 years old. My Vintage beauty is 40 years old!!!! My Bolide is 3 years old. But all in excellent condition and I am very picky about things...I think if you develop relationships with a few people you trust and always verify what you are thinking about with the girls here on the PF, you can be pretty sure you're getting the real deal.:flowers: :flowers:

7. shopmom411, I have been waiting for your post, too! Your vintage kelly is awsome/TDF and the new baby is just gorgeous. It is very hard to find vintage Kelly like yours...really Pretty.

8. Oh Aspen...she's really special to me. Sometimes I take her out and prop her on my dresser just like a piece of art. I know that sounds wacky but...she just strikes a cord in me. I can't believe something of that age is still in such excellent condition! I'm still so amazed by it!

I have had wonderful luck buying from re-sellers - and I'm all for it unless you really want something super special and don't mind being on the wait-list...I am not that patient a person and I'm in awe of anyone who is! But, I really also love the older bags too so sometimes my only recourse is the secondary market. (Hey Mario! Think....28cm Ostrich Kelly....28cm Ostrich Kelly....28cm Ostrich Kelly!)

It's been a fun ride, that's for sure and I've met some really wonderful ladies....all included on this Forum!!!!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: