Buying Chanel on sale?

1. TPFers:
    I'm doing a little research ahead of my intended purchase of a Spring reissue (red caviar flap bag, medium). First, I know this bag is very in-demand, and I should be lucky enough to even find it. But for those of you who are hardcore Chanel fans...

1. how can I get a discount on a real Chanel bag that isn't resorting to eBay or a reseller?
    2. what kind of discount is reasonable to expect?
    3. how likely do you think it is for me to get this bag on a discount?
    4. should I be looking for it at the boutiques or from a department store like Saks, etc.?

This is my absolute dream bag but I just can't afford to the retail price right now. I'm budgeting for it as if I'd have to pay full price, but I'd love to know if there's anything I can do to save myself a little $$. Also, I don't regularly shop at Chanel and don't have any SA contacts there.

(Also: moderators, if this is in the wrong subforum, please move as warranted. TIA!)

Thanks everyone! Be as realistic and brutal as needed!

2. You're not going to like my answers but...

1. how can I get a discount on a real Chanel bag that isn't resorting to eBay or a reseller? You can't. You could become VIP but that would cost you a lot more before hand and so you aren't really getting a discount given the amount per year you have to spend to maintain it.
    2. what kind of discount is reasonable to expect? Reasonable? NONE.
    3. how likely do you think it is for me to get this bag on a discount? 0%. Honestly, the 2.55 is wildly popular and limited in number. They sell out and they aren't bags that will go on sale.
    4. should I be looking for it at the boutiques or from a department store like Saks, etc.? You'll need to get on a waitlist. If you don't, the chances of getting what you want are much more slim.

If you need an SA, Cari Park in San Francisco (boutique) is very friendly and patient and she doesn't force things on you.