Buying Bottega Veneta from Europe - help needed please

LoveM&S, many Thanks for Pascal's reference. I received my first BV yesterday (Large Veneta Steel) and decided to treat myself Shock Continental Wallet as a bonus :smile: Pictures to follow soon.

Congrats!!:woohoo:I'm glad it worked well for you. I'm looking for your nice new bag & wallet.:biggrin:

lkweh said:
LoveM&S, many Thanks for Pascal's reference. I received my first BV yesterday (Large Veneta Steel) and decided to treat myself Shock Continental Wallet as a bonus :smile: Pictures to follow soon.

Congrats on the BV purchase! how much did the large veneta end up costing, including shipping? Am curious how much cheaper it is getting it this way. Thanks

Congrats on the BV purchase! how much did the large veneta end up costing, including shipping? Am curious how much cheaper it is getting it this way. Thanks
Hi HK Wombat,

Large Veneta in Paris costs 1297 Euro. He waived the shipping fee (40 Euro) since I bought two items. There is also import tax around 9% for the US custom.
It's not just price, but it's definitely cheaper in Paris. Steel in Large Veneta sold out in the US, only Maxi left. On the other hand, Europe does not get shock color in their stock.

Hi lkweh. I was just wondering how you paid the 9% customs bill. Was it included in your purchase price, did you have to pay in cash upon delivery or was there another way?

Hi Peachylv, you'd pay to the courier. In my case, it's to UPS person who delivered to the house using check.

Thank you for your reply. That's easy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only have to pay the customs tax on the amount above $800. For instance, if you bought a $2000 item, you'd only pay the tax on $1200, not the full $2000. Am I correct?

Thank you for your reply. That's easy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only have to pay the customs tax on the amount above $800. For instance, if you bought a $2000 item, you'd only pay the tax on $1200, not the full $2000. Am I correct?
I am not aware of the rule you quoted. I paid for the whole amount of total purchase. Hm..

I am not aware of the rule you quoted. I paid for the whole amount of total purchase. Hm..

Maybe it's different if they deliver it to your door, as opposed to you bringing it into the country yourself. By my calculations, you still saved almost $500 on your Veneta. That's awesome. I'm going to do what you did when I'm ready to purchase. I just cannot justify $2250 on a purse. Thanks for your replies!

Hello lkweh, I am new to the forum. I have been reading your shopping experience from the BV France. May I ask how you paid to Pascal? Credit card or wire transfer to BV France store or Pascal's personal account?

Thanks^_^

Hello lkweh, I am new to the forum. I have been reading your shopping experience from the BV France. May I ask how you paid to Pascal? Credit card or wire transfer to BV France store or Pascal's personal account?

Thanks^_^

I'm not lkweh. But I can tell you they take credit card. And I'm sure they will be happy about wire transfer, too. I don't think Pascal will ask you to send the money to his personal account at all!;)

Thanks^_^

Hi MateD, definitely not Pascal's personal account. I don't know what other payment options available, but he asked a copy of passport id and credit card (front and back) besides the completed order form to be faxed to him. Pretty straight forward and simple. He also confirmed that all credit card data will be destroyed once order is confirmed.

Hope nobody will mind since this is related to BV in Europe, but I will be traveling in Europe (June/July - during sale time ...), and was wondering if anyone might know if BV has any "special offers" during that period ?!

Hope nobody will mind since this is related to BV in Europe, but I will be traveling in Europe (June/July - during sale time ...), and was wondering if anyone might know if BV has any "special offers" during that period ?!

I go almost every year during either winter or summer sale. The boutique on FSH will have nothing on sale...but the selection varies from what is offered in states and price is less. The department stores on Blvd Haussmann will have some BV bags marked down.

Have fun, its a great experience. When are u going? I'll be there early July. :smile: