Buying a snowblower

1. Do any of you own a snowblower that you can start and run yourself?? I want to buy one as I'm sick of paying the $ to get our driveway done but I want to make sure that it's one I can start and run.
    We have a long driveway that's part asphalt and part gravel/dirt but has snow packed down on it already. I probably won't use it except when we get 6 or more inches of snow as I have all wheel drive.
    And I found 2 nice deals, but don't know how to choose
    Toro 1800 18-Inch Snow Thrower
    Craftsman 22 in. Snow Thrower
    How do you think of it? Do any of you have any other suggestions?

2. I got a SEARS CRAFTSMAN a few years ago...it cost alot but I can work it all by myself and its easy!!!
    Havent had to use it this year...**Knock on wood......**LMAO.....thank goodness(I despise SNOW!)

3. Yep, I agree with Jill!

We also had a Sears Craftsman! My dad usually did the snow blowing, but he was out of town on business during a pretty big snowstorm when we lived int he US and my mom and I were able to turn on the baby and use it :biggrin:

4. get one that has both manual and electric start!! i'm pretty good with the pull start but sometimes it's just not going to happen (like after the summer and it's been sitting there for awhile). i don't have the strength to pull and pull and pull... so i hooked up my electrical start and had to hold the button for a minute or two before it would start up. electrical start comes in handy!

i think mine is a craftsman as well... it's very light weight and does a decent job (not the best, but it gets the job done). it might have been around the $300-$400 range.

actually here's the exact unit..http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07188151000P?keyword=snow+blower. doesn't get the best reviews but i think it's ok!

5. ^OOH..I paid over 1200 for my craftsman....LOL....!

6. If you have a small area then a Craftsman will do the trick, but if you have a large area I would go with a Honda. They are built to last forever.