Buying a display model?

My rouge Vernis Biscayne Bay GM was a display model behind the counter at Neiman's. The straps and bottom weren't patina-ed and it didn't look like it had been touched at all.
And it's a good thing I got it (it was my Christmas gift that year), I never saw another one.

When I bought my Damier Speedy, I deliberately asked for the display model - It didn't have any creases and I didn't want to wait for the creases to come out (I hate how that looks). I wouldn't have bought a display in the mono (because of the vachetta), but I didn't mind in the Damier. I loved that I didn't have to pack it with towels or shirts or carry it for a long time with creases on the sides.

Once I bought a display (mini pleaty denim in fuschia) because it was the last one in the store, and it was limited. The bag was in mint condition. Another time a SA tried to sell me the display epi speedy that had a lot of scratches and got irritated when I declined. So I have had good and bad experience, just be sure to inspect carefully and have them clean up the hardware for you. =)

Notice how the SAs almost never bring you the display pieces and pull out those in the dusbtbags instead? The stores here are such sticklers about customers moving the display pieces, I bet the display pieces at the boutiques here are less 'handled' than those in the dustbags, lol!

You're right...they always go to the drawers :yes:

I don't think I've ever bought "open" display models but I have quite a few from locked display cabinets or the window. If it was the last one and in good condition I don't see any problem with buying a regular display model.

Hi Guys,

I want to buy the LV intuition sunglasses however they only have the last stock on display. I was asking to get a new one for me however the SA mentioned that I need to wait until the next shipment to come if I want to have the brand new item.

I’m quite surprise that I can’t really order the item, do you guys experience the same thing? Should I just get the last item? I just feel that I pay for the full price but I only get the displayed item :sad:

Thank you for your opinion!

Items on display is okay with me if its the last piece and wont ever get restocked again like limited items but for regular stocks, I would wait.

I did get a bag that was the last stock and i believe it was a display item since is has a teeny tiny scuff at the bottom piping but I got it and was fine with it since it made me use the bag easily instead of just keeping it in the closet LOLz

Hi PoshGal78 and Rosana84,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply … I know I can’t wait as well :biggrin: I was keep thinking that many people might have been trying the sunglasses….

It’s not a limited edition item though however the SA mentioned that they usually keep low quantities for sunglasses and they won’t order it not until the displayed item is sold….

Since I’m quite new with LV therefore I just want to check with you guys first…

If it's in good condition and you don't want to wait, it never hurts to get a display.

I've purchased displays before and they feel and look the same as one that has been pulled from the stock. Just because they are behind the counter doesnt mean they haven't been touched either. LV inventory turns over quickly and the displays are never too old.

i think my MC speedy was used as a display bag, i bought her december 2007 and her datecode says she is from 2006! she also had patina, and it was a little uneven
but i LOOOVED the colorcombo and since i'm not perfect either i just went with that one
so my vote, just get the display one if you are really in love with the item and can't wait any longer

Depends on condition, however I always want a new item. I've been recently looking at sunglasses too and have noticed that some of them are really quite dirty and greasy with lots of fingerprints on them. Inspect them carefully because once dust gets in between the lens and the frame it is really hard to get out