Buying 1st Balenciaga

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
OK...this is now on my 'list' (along with a MJ Blake and some other LVs, but b-bag is going to be first in line).
I haven't seen them in person yet...but I think the Twiggy is what I am leaning toward (or the medium sized one...but the Twiggy is so fun looking). I like to wear my bags as a shoulder bag, but also have the versatility to carry it in my hands. I also like purses that are around the size of things like the LV papillons (I love that barrel look too!) I am definitely not a huge tote (the biggest I have is Coach's medium tote) fan, nor do I like Hobos.
I want a color I can wear year round (so the soft pastel colors are not really for me). I wear ALOT of blue jeans and tees (being a student it's so comfy sitting in classes), but I sometimes have to dress up for academic conferences and such.
I love the ink color...but I was also looking at the new colors for fall and I like the really dark blue color (can't recall the proper name).
Here's my questions:
1) What do you all think? Is some variation of dark blue better than say black or a pink/green/cornflower color?
2) Is the twiggy the right size?
3) Should I try to find one now or wait for the new fall colors/new leather? (I won't have the money saved up for about 2 months)
4) When do the new colors come out and how would I go about preordering?
5) I'm somewhat close to Chicago, and will be heading there in a few weeks....where can I go in the city (preferably Michigan Avenue area, since I always take the train in and walk around/take a cab) to look at the bags?

Sorry for so many questions....you guys got me hooked (the b-bag bumped an LV out of top spot for next bag to purchase!)!!!!

Congrats on deciding the Balenciaga is your next bag : )

I have not seen the ink, but the cornflower is a beautiful denimy blue and goes just perfectly, so anything that you would wear with denims, will go with the cornflower colour.

I loved the Twiggy when looking, the City was nice, but I kept coming back to the Twiggy. It does hold a fair amount of stuff and I hate having to dig for things, so I prefer the long, shallower bags, over the shorter, deeper bags. But that is entirely my preference. I doubt I will ever own a Hobo/ Day.

Having said that, I don't know until when the Cornflower will be available?

My post may be biased, as the Cornflower Twiggy was my first Balenciaga : )

I can't answer your other questions, I hope others will chime in.

Let us know what you decide!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Oh, and unless you are quite thin, I doubt that the Twiggy will fit over shoulder using the handles, you would have to use the strap. I am far from thin (so maybe the handles will fit, even if you are not skinny : ) ) and I can use the strap, but prefer it as a hand held handbag.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Thanks Bridget!!!! I do like the longer, shallow bags as well (I love the LV papillon and my DB barrel).
I have seen the cornflower color...and it is gorgeous. I think I really need to see them in person!

anyone know how long the cornflower will be available or the ink? When to preorder fall colors and when they'll arrive?

Chi: Thanks for telling me about Barneys...I'll make sure to call first to make sure they have twiggys in stock before I go :smile:

twiggers, although the twiggy was my 1st love, i bought an emerald "purse" style today & it's great...it's lighter than the city & unlike the twiggy, it's made to carry on your shoulder (but can also be carried by the handles)...it's not too big or too small & it's perfect as a day or evening bag :smile:

twiggers, cornflower and ink are both from this season (spring/summer 06). They should still be around although the season is ending and it might be harder to get now. I love BOTH colors but ended up choosing ink but still dream of cornflower...

I think BalNY is already accepting pre-order for fall colors, and they'll arrive around july/august (somebody please refresh my memory).

Good luck on you decision, and have fun in Chicago!