Buyer wants to meet up for local pickup at boutique

Thanks everyone for your input! I emailed the buyer and referred him to the forum for authentication since there's no telling how the boutique will receive us. As for local pick up, I told him cash or us post office money order, meeting place tbd if he does win the auction. wish me luck!

Sounds like a great plan! Good Luck!:yes:

You may even want to consider going to the bank together so that you know the money is real! I once purchased a piece of jewelry and the seller insisted on doing so...which is smart.

^^agree, cash only, just in case.

Personally, I wouldn't meet anyone unless it was discussed prior to bidding on the auction. It is simply creepy and unless it is a large sum of money, I think its too much trouble for both parties. In my 3 years of selling items on Ebay, I've only met in person once, and that was because I was selling one of my croc birkins and it was not replaceable and a relatively large amount of money was at stake for the buyer (5 figures), so I thought it would be appropriate to give them the most peace of mind.

oh and i forgot to mention to the OP, you can do as I did, which is meet in person with the item, have them look at it to make sure its authentic, and then go home, and carry it out like your normally would, sending my mail after receiving payment. That is what I did, it seems safer.