Buyer Can't Use Paypal and WON'T Find Another Way to Pay!

^^ Much as I understand why retaliatory negative feedback is a worry and a horrible experience, I am a one-woman campaign (well, maybe three woman with Gro3602 and Chloehandbags) to persuade people to leave honest feedback - we can't moan about these people and then pretend to the rest of the world they are sound Ebayers IMO. . . Upset as I have been by negative feedback, for me it is much more important to discharge my responsibility to be factually truthful in feedback than worry about a red mark and 80 characters from an Ebayer I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

If you file a NPB dispute with eBay, wait until it closes before you neg her, and she won't be able to retaliate. If she does, eBay will remove her feedback and it won't affect your score. This just happened to me a few weeks ago with a non paying bidder. So sorry you've had to deal with this situation.

Just want to clarify, as another poster mentioned on page 1, if she responded to the NPB claim then she can indeed leave negative feedback that will not automatically be removed from your account by ebay.

Only if you file a NPB and she doesn't respond to it within 7 days, will ebay then automatically remove the negative feedback strike if she was to leave one. Any comments she types in would remain and underneath it would say that she did not respond to the NPB claim.

I don't want to risk the negative feedback, so I will leave it all alone for a few more days. How long does it take for ebay to smack her? And can I then post a neg for her?

I no longer expect to get any payment from her, and I'm not going to bother trying to email her anymore. It won't be easy for me to keep quiet, but that's what I will do. ONLY because in the end, I will be able to relist the bag, block her from bidding, and hopefully, sell to someone whose paypal account is in GOOD STANDING.

I probably should have checked the dispute console on ebay BEFORE posting my last reply here...

Here is her last post to the dispute console:
"This seller is LYING.ALWAYS responded to her emails. Now she is HARRASSING me via email.I ALWAYS
intended to pay her. If paypal froze my account due to roomates fault there is nothing I can do.
Seller wants me to open a paypal account under my mothers name to pay her. This is her advice and it
is wrong.I am not trying to cheat paypal. She will do ANYTHING to get paid!!I have her emails to prove
this.She wants me to send a money order when she NEVER accepted in first place? This is not safe to
do"

And here is mine:
"Everything she is now saying is completely untrue. SHE had the idea to open another Paypal account
in her mother's name, and I have the emails to prove that. Harrassment? I think not. She is the
one who owes me money, and all I have done is be patient and kind and tried to get her to communicate
with me. She seems not to understand that by winning this auction she entered into a legal obligation.
I look forward to ebay's response to all this."

If I wasn't so furious, I'd be laughing my head off at how pathetic this woman is. Can I just terminate the whole damn affair? Or do I have to let ebay take a look? I would like nothing better than to forget the whole thing and relist this bag.:mad::mad::mad:

Can you stand one more post? Now she adds to her argument on ebay:

"I beleive this seller wants to get paid at all costs, even if its by cheating paypal which I will not
do. I am very interested in this item but cannot send her a cashiers check because I do not beleive
1. it is safe
2. she said she would not accept one and this is now suspicious to me
and 3. she seems
to be dishonest

I am also waiting on ebay to make a just call on this. When paypal finished their
investigation and clears my account I would be happy to pay for this item."

Hmmm... I would like to get paid. Who wouldn't? She put in a Best Offer on a Buy It Now auction of mine. (Ha... this whole thing gives new meaning to Buy It Now, don't you think?) We agreed on a price. That was a month ago! Of course I want to get paid. Where she comes up with me wanting to cheat Paypal, I don't know.

AIEESH! I'm done. No more communicating with her.:yucky: I'm just going to wait until ebay settles it. Then I can relist, get my original fees back, block her and move on.

As you can see, I can't get this mess outta my head! But, I just went and read what I could on ebay about the dispute console, etc. and I decided to CLOSE THE DISPUTE! I didn't realize I had that power.:woohoo:

I wrote, "I no longer have any confidence in this buyer's truthfulness or ability to send me payment. I wish her well, but I don't wish to sell to her anymore."

After she turned nasty and started accusing me of lying, it was clear that even if I DID get paid, this was never going to be a pleasant transaction. I'm sure she would have had some problem with the bag once it arrived and I just don't want to deal with her ever again. (Although I'm sure I will be getting some nasty emails in response to this final action on my part. Too bad.)

I'm going to wait 'til tomorrow and then relist. And she's blocked, for sure!

I have no idea if anyone is still reading this thread, but thanks for doing so if you are, and double-thanks for posting your support. It is so DUMB that these things can get us so worked up, isn't it? Now, hopefully, I can relax and get a good night's sleep.:sleepy:

im still reading!!! :smile: I am so glad you were able to close it!!! who knew :smile:

what a relief that you get to just forget all her crap and relist your bag :smile:

good decision cause dealing with her would have been a nightmare, she would have recieved it and claimed it had been torn to shreads in the mail or something awful :smile:

SO goodluck with relisting it :smile: I am sure next time around you will get a great buyer, you deserve it after all this! :smile: night!

I just started reading it... wow! what an awful ordeal! It's such a bummer that you won't be able to recoup listing fees after her jerkiness.

I hope you have much better luck with a new buyer!!!

I would have left the NPB dispute open, she would have gotten the strike, cuz anyone reading her responses would clearly see she's psycho. You were in the right here & should have recouped your fees.

But I clearly understand to save your sanity, you wanted to just end it. Please block her & leave neg feedback and save any future sellers the hassle you just went through. (Wait till the last day possible)

I wish I knew who this was, I'd block her bids in a second!

I just started reading it... wow! what an awful ordeal! It's such a bummer that you won't be able to recoup listing fees after her jerkiness.

I hope you have much better luck with a new buyer!!!
Actually, if I read the ebay page correctly, they have already given me the listing credit for that auction. (And even if not, losing 30-some bucks, while I'd rather not, is better than having to continue to deal with her.)

BTW, I grew up in Mt. Lebanon and go back to Pgh. to visit family a few times a year. Beautiful city! Now I live in Buffalo, NY -- where I am ALSO walking in a few weeks in our Komen Race for the Cure!

Thank you EVERYONE for all of your support and encouragement!:wlae:

no no, you should have recouped your fees and she will get a npb strike- if you file after the initial 7 days anyway. you can check your seller's account on my ebay, and see whether they have credited the fees.

sorry you had all this trouble - hey, you never know what stories they come up with.

good luck selling your bag to someone else.

She will still get a NPB strike - there is an option to close if you do not want to communicate with the buyer anymore. I wouldn't have wanted her payment now anyway, she would probably be bitter and claim it was a fake or something. Good thing you blocked her!

There comes a time with many things when it is to the benefit of ones own sanity to bring things to an end.

I hope you manage to get your fees etc. back and relist and get a good price for it.

You deserve it, after having gone through all the hassle.

Good Luck in the resale.