busty and looking fabulous in clothes

1. i always have a tough time finding nice clothes for busty women. i am larger on the top than on the bottom. i sometimes want a nice sexy top, but end up with twin sweater sets. and then while walking thru the mall, i see i muffin tops, camel toes and muffin tops, and big boobs getting ready to spill out.am i the only one with this problem?

2. no :sad:-

EVERY top I try on seems not to fit :sad:
    If I can get it on at all, the seams are stretching :sad:

3. see i have similar problem too. does not fit well either. why can't they have in between sizes. i just can't seem to bare my shoulders though. so its always twin sweater sets for me. thank goodness for ann taylor.

4. i was an A cup before having my son. After having my daughter, i became a D-DD cup. ouch i always say.

5. You can downplay a large bust. First of all, a great fitting and supportive bra is a must to smooth the curves. An underwire or minimizer is a good choice with wider straps too. I recommend getting fitted for a bra if you can.

Avoid baggy and shapeless tops.

:idea: The necklines that help minimize a larger bust are:
    V necks (not too low)
    Scoop neck (ditto)
    Open-collar button-ups
    Wrap Tops

All of the above take the emphasis off of "the girls." :whistle:

Dark colors look better on top. Sporting light colors and especially ribbed fabric is not as flattering.

6. Agree to all of these. V-necks & Scoop necks are flattering on me. I have big time uni-boob with highnecks.

7. yup I feel you .. I hate trying on tops and have to go up a size or two just because of my busty chest :lol:

8. I know, me too Japster. ;)

Just say NO to turtlenecks and crew necks! :p

9. And that's a problem??

Geez. You should give some to AAA girls like me.

10. I have a big bust (34D-DD) and a small waist and small shoulders. But evetything i wear makes me look fat! And i'm not!

Having a big bust is a horrible thing. Sure guys love it, but I do wish i was a B-C.

11. Layla, great tips! For years I tried to "hide" my bust by wearing loose, baggy tops. Now I've gotten some great bras and wear pretty much what I want.

I would have never worn sleeveless before but now I do. Of course, spaghetti straps are still out of the question.

Also, don't have a slouching posture. Look confident and be happy. You can't change them (unless you want surgery) and it seems more people want our "problem" so just go with it!

12. I feel for you girls. (I was a natural H cup prior to becoming pregnant.:cry: )

I used to order a good amount of strappy tops from Bravissimo.com. They were the only strappy tops that could support "the girls". ;)

After I have our baby, I plan on having a reduction. Sounds sad that I want to go down to a DD or DDD. :biggrin:

13. I do love that there are busty girls 'round the world who know how it's somtimes annoying to deal with ... the twins ! Belive me I know I'm also a natural 34d-DD, and i wear a size 2 or 4 ... Dress shopping really bites!
    Is it just me or do people always give you the ... " awww pooor you .. big boobs " Routine ?

- But big boobs ... small boobs ... shot tall ... every one always wants to change something !
    we should all be happy with who we are .( now if i could make myself say that and belive it ):shame:

14. i will be happy to give you some:yes:

15. congratulations on your pregnancy.
    thanks for the website. i will have to check them out.

from talking to people, most reduce in size after their pregnancy, but have no idea what happened to me:hrmm: