Busted!!!!!

1. http://www.news8.net/news/stories/0108/489013.html

Nada Prada Purses Bust
    posted 7:13 am Fri January 18, 2008 - RICHMOND, Va.

A Richmond federal court has unsealed an indictment of three merchants authorities say are involved in one of the largest ever counterfeit luxury goods operations in the United States.

Chuck Rosenberg, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, announced the arrest of Chong Lam, 49; Siu Yung Chan, 39 and Eric Yuen, also 39, all of New York. The defendants face jail time and $8.75 million in fines if convicted of charges including trafficking counterfeit handbags, wallets and purses.

According to a seven-count indictment unsealed Wednesday, the defendants imported over 300,000 luxury counterfeit handbags and wallets from China, then sold the knockoffs at low prices.

Authorities say they received $16 million in proceeds. Authorities estimate the value of corresponding authentic goods by Gucci, Coach and other makers at over $100 million.

2. :push:Thats a whole lotta money!

3. Good! With such heavy fines, that'll deter counterfeit sellers or make them think twice about ever doing it (again). I think it's time for such reinforcements. Though piracy will never be totally eradicated but at least there'll be less??!!

4. I wish this high fines would have that effect but I am kind of doubtful. But it is nice to see that there are finally strong consequences.

5. i doubt it. especially since they still have HALF their money.

6. That's true...