Burt's Bees + other natural lip balms !!

1. Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone else liked Burt's Bees lip balm! I think its kinda neat knowing that its basically from nature, and I like the fact that it's (kinda) less flavorful then normal lip gloss- and it's in it's own little cute container:upsidedown: I also have this kind from the Bath and Body store, made by Savannah Bee (I know I spelt that wrong) in blackberry or boysenberry or something yummy like that:p

This might be a stupid question, but if you're allergic to bees, can you still you use it? It's just their beeswax I thought--- I was going to make some and give it our for party favors for my bday party, but I'm afraid that someone would be allergic to it! I'll warn them I guess...

Anyway, who else loves natural lip gloss/ balm etc?! !What's you favorite flavor? I love the raspberry one:love:

Looking forward to everyone's responses!:flowers:
    --- Leanne

2. Burt Bees is not among my favorite lip balms because it contains peppermint oil which is drying to lips.

I like L'Occitane shea butter lip balm, prada lip balm (this comes tinted or clear, the colors are very nice) and a really inexpensive Coconut butter lip balm that I can't think of the name - it comes in a yellow tube that I get at Walgreens for 99 cents a tube. Peggy

3. Peggy, I use the cocoa butter from Walgreens too and LOVE IT!! I used to like Burts Bees but don't like it when I'm drinking out of a water bottle and it gets the peppermint smell all over it because when I reach for it later for some reason it grosses me out. If its the only thing I can find in my room I'll use it though!

4. I love burt's bees lip balm. I have them all over the place. In the car, in my bf car, at his house, in my make-up bag and always one in my pocket. Also my little kitty steals them all the time from me (she loves the smell of mint!) and hides them. The glosses are yummy too. I love the strawberry lip gloss :heart:

5. I live on Burts Bees lip balm.

6. Has anyone tried Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers?

7. I love Burt's Bees lip balm! So yummy.
    I recently found out that Bath and Body Works tests on animals. Boo to them! Its too bad because I liked their hand soaps. I'm switching to L'Occitane.

8. i'd like to know more on this one too.

9. I've tried the lip shimmers, they're nice, but I'm not big on a lot of color on my lips so I use mine rarely.

On bee allergies: as far as I know, the allergic reaction is due to some sort of toxin released upon stinging, and the lip balms should have no relation whatsoever to this substance.

I would just like to give a shout out to Kiss my Face products- I love their lip balm and it's also organic, not tested on animals, all-natural, and all those good things.

10. i looove burts! as for those with bee allergies, it's an allergy to their venom so you should be fine giving them out for your party

11. I have some Burt balm in a pot that I hardly use in Strawberry, but it is moisturizing. Just a little greasy to me. I also have Rosebud salve and C.O. Bigelow Mentha lipshine. Grassroots makes a shea butter lip treatment that's very organic.

12. Is this true? Does B&BW really test on animals? I will totally boycott them if they do.

Oh...and I do love Burt's Bees, and so does my husband. Their green tin of healing stuff also works amazingly well. I also love the C.O. Bigelow white plastic tub of lip balm.

13. I use the lip shimmers all the time, they're great :smile: They moisturize my lips and have beautiful colors :biggrin: Plus they smell really good, like mint or something, yet kind of sweet :/ But it smells great.

14. I've tried Burt Bee's lip shimmers but the texture was too creamy and the color was off my lips after about 10 minutes. I think they are nice if you don't mind reapplying all the time. Peggy