Burgundy XL PS1 (WARNING: photo-heavy)

I'd thought I was finished with handbag purchases for the year (and feeling pleased with myself for meeting my goal of downsizing to only 10 in the collection), but this came lovely Burgundy XL PS1 was too good to pass up.

I'd been contemplating the XL size as a work bag for nearly a year, but since I am usually traveling (tote my laptops around in a sturdy TUMI carry-on) or working from my home office, it seemed unnecessary. But now that I am halfway through a 2-month office assignment for work, I have carried my Black LKA every day and I want to mix things up.
Now that you've had your new gorgeous bag for awhile, what do you find yourself using more for work/travel -- the LKA or the XL PS1?

I am finally going to be downsizing (to the 15" rather than the 17") and will be doing quite a bit of traveling (trains and planes) and am looking for a secure bag to carry my computer and a few lenses.

I've been lusting after the Keep-All but, I must say, the XL PS1 looks like it may be more practical... And that burgundy is just to die for! (Alas, it will most definitely get rained on here.)

TIA!

Now that you've had your new gorgeous bag for awhile, what do you find yourself using more for work/travel -- the LKA or the XL PS1?

I am finally going to be downsizing (to the 15" rather than the 17") and will be doing quite a bit of traveling (trains and planes) and am looking for a secure bag to carry my computer and a few lenses.

I've been lusting after the Keep-All but, I must say, the XL PS1 looks like it may be more practical... And that burgundy is just to die for! (Alas, it will most definitely get rained on here.)

TIA!

Hi there!

I find myself reaching for the XL PS1 more often than the LKA, especially when I am going to carry an extra power cord and other accessories.

The LKA has a more open main compartment, so you can throw anything in there without thinking about it much. I really like that, especially for day trips. Because the XL PS1 is more compartmentalized, sometimes I have to think to myself "OK, I'm going to put this in here, and the other thing in the back pocket," etc.

They both carry very easily and look fantastic on! The reason that, ultimately, I am using the XL PS1 more often is that it has a sturdier design. I can load it up with more weighty items and I have no concerns about damaging the strap(s).

And another great thing about the XL PS1 - there are two shoulder straps with different lengths. I like having that option to consider which strap to use to best accommodate whatever I am wearing or carrying with me on a particular day.

FYI - whichever style you choose, my Burgundy has been (heavily) rained on a couple of times with no lasting changes to the leather. I did treat the bag with Vectra, which I think makes a big difference. Of course, there are spots immediately after the water exposure, but they fade to normal within 30 minutes.

Let us see what you get!!!

Hi there!

I find myself reaching for the XL PS1 more often than the LKA, especially when I am going to carry an extra power cord and other accessories.

The LKA has a more open main compartment, so you can throw anything in there without thinking about it much. I really like that, especially for day trips. Because the XL PS1 is more compartmentalized, sometimes I have to think to myself "OK, I'm going to put this in here, and the other thing in the back pocket," etc.

They both carry very easily and look fantastic on! The reason that, ultimately, I am using the XL PS1 more often is that it has a sturdier design. I can load it up with more weighty items and I have no concerns about damaging the strap(s).

And another great thing about the XL PS1 - there are two shoulder straps with different lengths. I like having that option to consider which strap to use to best accommodate whatever I am wearing or carrying with me on a particular day.

FYI - whichever style you choose, my Burgundy has been (heavily) rained on a couple of times with no lasting changes to the leather. I did treat the bag with Vectra, which I think makes a big difference. Of course, there are spots immediately after the water exposure, but they fade to normal within 30 minutes.

Let us see what you get!!!
Thank you so much for getting back to me!

The more I looked ino this bag, the more I thought that this would much better for travel -- being able to organise my computer and some photography gear in a much more ergonomic (not to mention stylish) package!

I even saw a lovely TPFer has a Tangerine one for a fantastic price and I happen to love orange. I've never had a bag that colour, though, and I'm not so sure how it would look after it is used and abused (especially after she already had an issue with denim transfer, hence the great price)... I personally love bags that have broken in and have character, but orange may not be right. Though I think it would be far less likely to be stolen :P

But then I saw the one thing that the XL PS1 lacks (that the other sizes have) and it may be a deal breaker for me -- no back zip or pocket.

I travel internationally and it seems you're having to pull out your passport and ticket at every turn. I have longed for a secret back pocket that would be used for only this, that I could easily get into and shove back in... and they don't have it on the XL -- bah!

(Looked at their site and realised that is because they want you to buy the Travel... sigh... I will take advantage of a visit to the states this week and try to check them out in person.)

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

The more I looked ino this bag, the more I thought that this would much better for travel -- being able to organise my computer and some photography gear in a much more ergonomic (not to mention stylish) package!

I even saw a lovely TPFer has a Tangerine one for a fantastic price and I happen to love orange. I've never had a bag that colour, though, and I'm not so sure how it would look after it is used and abused (especially after she already had an issue with denim transfer, hence the great price)... I personally love bags that have broken in and have character, but orange may not be right. Though I think it would be far less likely to be stolen :P

But then I saw the one thing that the XL PS1 lacks (that the other sizes have) and it may be a deal breaker for me -- no back zip or pocket.

I travel internationally and it seems you're having to pull out your passport and ticket at every turn. I have longed for a secret back pocket that would be used for only this, that I could easily get into and shove back in... and they don't have it on the XL -- bah!

(Looked at their site and realised that is because they want you to buy the Travel... sigh... I will take advantage of a visit to the states this week and try to check them out in person.)

FYI - there is a back pocket on the XL PS1. I like it because it's easier to access than the front pockets (when the clasp is secure). I like to use it for boarding documents and other go-to items when traveling.

It's not zippered, but I feel like it's secure because the back of the bag is always resting against my hip. The way that the pocket is designed, it would take some super slim fingers for someone else to reach in there and grab my stuff without me noticing.

I wish that the Medium and Large sizes had the back pocket, too!!!

FYI - there is a back pocket on the XL PS1. I like it because it's easier to access than the front pockets (when the clasp is secure). I like to use it for boarding documents and other go-to items when traveling.

It's not zippered, but I feel like it's secure because the back of the bag is always resting against my hip. The way that the pocket is designed, it would take some super slim fingers for someone else to reach in there and grab my stuff without me noticing.

I wish that the Medium and Large sizes had the back pocket, too!!!
Oooh, I love you for that! That is, indeed, even better!

Now I just have to decide on colour... Stupid, I know, because your pics and feedback already made me want the Burgundy. It looks like it will only get better and richer with age...

But the Tangerine is almost less than half-price!

(The only reason I am looking at "deals" is that I am about to get a fully souped-up 15" mac and that isn't cheap...)

Very nice color! I hope I can still buy a burgundy colored ps1 :smile:

Thank you! I really love this color and I am so glad that I finally acquired an XL PS1. It is so easy to carry and stay organized throughout the day.

The Burgundy color has maintained its deep shade while the leather is starting to soften up a bit through regular use. It's not fading at all. My other PS bags have all darkened with age/use, so I expect if there is any change to the color, that will be it.

The PS website still has Large and XL PS1s for sale... and you can find a stray here and there at some dept. stores. Otherwise, you may have to start stalking resalers to find a Burgundy.

I took these pics earlier in the week to demonstrate the size/scale of the XL. I am about 5'1" or 5'2" in stocking feet, US size 4 for reference. I wasn't going for an accurate color representation in these (poor lighting conditions), but I think you can see how nicely the bag is breaking in:

1327535698-1.jpg

1327535667-1.jpg

Hi there! Thanks for the tip!
I just got myself the XL PS1 in saddle. I fell in love with it! What other colors of the PS1 are best and can do with any outfit? Any suggestions?

:smile:))

Thank you! I really love this color and I am so glad that I finally acquired an XL PS1. It is so easy to carry and stay organized throughout the day.

The Burgundy color has maintained its deep shade while the leather is starting to soften up a bit through regular use. It's not fading at all. My other PS bags have all darkened with age/use, so I expect if there is any change to the color, that will be it.

The PS website still has Large and XL PS1s for sale... and you can find a stray here and there at some dept. stores. Otherwise, you may have to start stalking resalers to find a Burgundy.

I took these pics earlier in the week to demonstrate the size/scale of the XL. I am about 5'1" or 5'2" in stocking feet, US size 4 for reference. I wasn't going for an accurate color representation in these (poor lighting conditions), but I think you can see how nicely the bag is breaking in:

1327535698-1.jpg

1327535667-1.jpg

Hi there! Thanks for the tip!
I just got myself the XL PS1 in saddle. I fell in love with it! What other colors of the PS1 are best and can do with any outfit? Any suggestions?

:smile:))

Hello,

Congrats on your XL Saddle! Be sure to post some pics. Saddle is such a versatile color, I think you will have no problem wearing it with (almost) everything.

My most versatile PS bag is my Large Keepall, in Black. There is truly nothing I won't wear it with. I think it is even more neutral than your average black handbag because of the black hardware. It's very incognito. Someday, I wouldn't mind adding a Black PS1 to my collection also. I was initially excited about the gunmetal hardware on the S/S '12 collection, but I like the understated look of black on black, so I think I will wait until that combination is duplicated again.

Hi there ehemelay , thanks once again for the tip!I think I have to get a black Large Keepall . I just have to learn how post pictures here! I'm still new here! But yes, saddle looks sooo vintage. It looks like its been worn for years and it doesn't really look new, that's why I just love it! :smile:))

QUOTE=ehemelay;20911622]Hello,

Congrats on your XL Saddle! Be sure to post some pics. Saddle is such a versatile color, I think you will have no problem wearing it with (almost) everything.

My most versatile PS bag is my Large Keepall, in Black. There is truly nothing I won't wear it with. I think it is even more neutral than your average black handbag because of the black hardware. It's very incognito. Someday, I wouldn't mind adding a Black PS1 to my collection also. I was initially excited about the gunmetal hardware on the S/S '12 collection, but I like the understated look of black on black, so I think I will wait until that combination is duplicated again.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

My most versatile PS bag is my Large Keepall, in Black. There is truly nothing I won't wear it with. I think it is even more neutral than your average black handbag because of the black hardware. It's very incognito. Someday, I wouldn't mind adding a Black PS1 to my collection also. I was initially excited about the gunmetal hardware on the S/S '12 collection, but I like the understated look of black on black, so I think I will wait until that combination is duplicated again.

Hi there ehemelay!

I just successfully posted 1 picture on my album! I still have to learn how to post here..

:smile:

I wish I could see the last 3 photos of the first post. I only see a kitten there that says "photo not found. Click for photo." But when I click on it nothing happens :/

I have some medium and a large ps1 and I want to get one for work, either an extra large ps1 or the lka.
I carry my MacBook 13, charger, iPad Air, 2-3 pencil cases, a5 notebook, a4 sheet sleeves, a lunch box and a small water bottle with me, and my large ps1 is too small for all the filling. Wondering if the extra large would fit that all? :smile:
Thanks so much for advice :smile:

I wish I could see the last 3 photos of the first post. I only see a kitten there that says "photo not found. Click for photo." But when I click on it nothing happens :/

I have some medium and a large ps1 and I want to get one for work, either an extra large ps1 or the lka.
I carry my MacBook 13, charger, iPad Air, 2-3 pencil cases, a5 notebook, a4 sheet sleeves, a lunch box and a small water bottle with me, and my large ps1 is too small for all the filling. Wondering if the extra large would fit that all? :smile:
Thanks so much for advice :smile:
I have 2 XL PS1s and love them. I use them when I travel.

Check out this thread...starting at post #802
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/your-ps-in-action.693486/page-54

I would ask MarkWoo.