Burberry Trenchcoat

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
I thought I would ask opinions - I want to get a classic Burberry trench with removable liner. If only getting one, should I get the tan or the black?

On the one hand, the tan is so classic. OTOH, I am thinking, if I only have one somewhat winter coat (this is Northern CA, though if I travelled, I would use it with the lining in cold areas) perhaps I should get the black because if I have to wear it to a dress event it would look better than the tan. Though, hmmm, it's not like I would be wearing my coat at the party, LOL

What think you?

Also- I have fair skin and brown hair - sometimes black in a large expanse, as in a long coat looks a little harsh on me, FWIW.

I have a Burberry trench and picked tan - for me, it's my spring/fall transition coat... I could never get away with it in the winter. I prefer the look of tan trenches too.

I have a classic tan aquascutum trench coat - and I've been able to wear it a lot. I much more prefer the tan, and you can wear it with black and brown etc. The black I feel you would be more limited in the colors you can put with it.

I have a classic tan aquascutum trench coat - and I've been able to wear it a lot. I much more prefer the tan, and you can wear it with black and brown etc. The black I feel you would be more limited in the colors you can put with it.

-I am leaning towards the tan. I ordered them from Nordstom.com, so I can try them both on and see what I think then.

Well, I am not going to keep either color - the way the coats fit, I can only wear thin clothing underneath; won't do me any good in a cold winter. If I go up a size, the shoulders will be too long, and I think it will look sloppy. Sigh, continuing to look for the perfect trench.

Thanks for all your input!