Burberry trench coats - are they all that & a bag of chips?

1. I tried a few at NM and can't say that I was $695 impressed. Any enablers? Thanks ladies.

2. Guccidiva that post made me laugh. I don't have a trench but I did get a cashmere coat and one for my sister....I do love it and thought it was worth the money. I am in the market for a new trench and had my eye on a burberry one too, so maybe we could enable each other.

My thing is, it's one of those uber classic brands, styles, etc that you can easily justify the price when thinking about cost per wear.

3. Yes it is absolutely worth the $$$! I just wore mine for the first time today. It is gorgeous! It fits beautifully.

4. Yes. I have a trench I purchased a couple of years ago. It is very well made. Although, I don't get to wear it enough, living in So Cal :sad:

5. My mom has one. So nice, very classic and timeless, and she gets alot of use out of it for work.

6. I swear this is the year I buy one! Last year for Christmas I gave everybody a Burberry scarf (including myself). Now, this year, I need the trench coat. I'm thinking I'll go with a shorter style as opposed to a longer one.

7. Haven't seen any trenches I liked, but some of the cloth coats are nice. (The trenches are actually made by Blahberry.)

8. It depends on how much you like trenches? I have a beige trench and hardly ever use it... I hate how I look in that color and the tench itself feels really heavy and stuffy to me...

9. Definitely make sure you love it otherwise it won't be worth the purchase but honestly, I consider it a great investment piece. It's timeless and in a classic color, you can continue to wear it for years to come!

10. I have one on my list....in black. They are timeless and chic.

11. I love the idea but I haven't found one yet that fit me well.

12. Honestly, I don't think so. I've seen a lot of trench coats in very similar styles with a pretty equal level of quality, but they aren't as expensive because of the 'prestige' of a brand's history. If you like it and can afford it, get it, but I think there are other options out there.

13. I think no matter what your style, it's a classic and worth the investment