Bucktown MBMJ Boutique

1. At long last!

I drove by the Bucktown MBMJ Boutique on Damen Ave this morning and there were people in there cleaning and setting up!!:yahoo: Finally!!:yahoo: The store is supposed to open this month! Fingers crossed!!:sweatdrop:

2. (for those of you who may not know - Bucktown is in Chicago!)

Yea - I've been waiting since last summer for this store to open!!! I thought it was definitely open last month and was wanting to do some Xmas shopping there - It wasn't until I called the NY store to get the phone # did I find out it still wasn't open and probably wouldn't open until January 2008 (no date).

was there a sign or anything to indicate when it might be open??? Do you happen to have a phone#? Maybe we can call daily (or you & I can alternate days!) until they're open!

3. I hope they have a good handbag and shoe collection!!

4. This is exciting, thanks for the heads up sep.

5. Oh sorry! Yes, i should have said Chicago... I was so excited I forgot... lol!

I talked to someone a couple of blocks away in one of the boutiques on Milwaukee who's friend just interviewed for a position. The interviewer said they were opening in January so hopefully that is still the case.

I don't have a phone number but I also emailed one of the Customer Service people (I got the email address form the MJ website) to ask when it was opening and they responded that it was scheduled to be open in Jan but there wasn't an exact date yet... I'll try to find the email and ask again... very very politely of course...:cutesy:

6. This is awesome! I visit a friend in Chicago every few months, and would love to get in an MbyMJ fix while there! Hopefully it will be open when I'm there at the end of the month. Whoo hoo! :tup:

7. That's exciting! I have to say I was a little worried when I read the "Bucktown" part. It didn't sound too promising at first...:p

8. Good for all you ladies out in Bucktown! I wish there was a MbyMJ here in DC. :sad:

9. Bucktown is actually a neighborhood in Chicago (just like the Meatpacking Dist, Soho, Tribeca or Manhattan in NY) - I actually noticed that Chicago is now listed among the MbyMj stores in the mag ads, so hopefully they'll stay true to their word and be open sometime this month (seeing as there's no date yet, I have a feeling it might be closer to the end of the month)

10. From metromix:

Vegas has one, L.A. has two, New York City has three on Bleeker Street alone -- now Chicago is getting its very own Marc Jacobs boutique (Don't even get us started about the fact that Savannah, GA, got one before we did). Ever since Baum Realty announced in January 2007 that Marc Jacobs had nabbed a lease on a Damen Avenue storefront, Chi-town fashion fans have been abuzz. To be technical, this boutique will house the Marc by Marc Jacobs line, a subset of the main brand. Opening Jan. 17.

See you girls there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. it's supposed to open the 17th :smile:

12. Really!! An actual date?! I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

13. Thanks tannad!

Okay... who's going to be there on the 17th?!:graucho:

14. NP. I will try to be there on the 17th but if I don't make it I will definitely be there that weekend.:smile:

15. Me too. :shrugs: