Bubblegum part-time hardware/leather decisions...

1. I'm thinking of bringing home a bubblegum part time but was debating between the giant hdw in gold and the regular hdw...

is there a consistently noted difference between the leather of the giant hdw vs. regular hdw bags for the bubblegum part times?

i just wanted something extra thick, smushy, not too veiny/distressed at all...

i love the look of the giant hdw but it does add so much more weight to the bag...

any help/advice would be great!!

thanks!:love:

2. Ur right it does add weight to the bag- I'd go for RH based on that.

I have a GH city and dang! It does get heavy!

3. i have an electric blue GGH part-time and it's my favorite bag of all time!! i think the GH dresses up the bag an it's really not that much heavier!

4. Are you able to try them on before purchasing? I have a SGH PT.. its a lovely bag.. and it hangs well w/ the right leather. However, the weight is comparable to a Chanel Modern Chain (the older ones). Hope that helps.. g:huh:d luck!

5. ITA with oogie, the GGH looks great in the PT :smile: the GH leather also tends to be thicker which sounds like what you're looking for. that being said, if you told the SA what you were looking for they should be able to find you a RH bag with the same specifications..

sorry OT but galex, did you post pictures of your pt with GGH? i'm dying to see this combo!!

6. Ummm...I really love the GGH with the BG, but I think the RH would look really great on a PT as well. If you really love the GGH then I would probably go with that, even if it does add a little extra weight. Though, for some reason right now an RH PT in the BG is really appealing to me...

7. My vote goes for rh on a BG. You can find one with nice leather. Mine rivals '05 leather and I've seen others on here that were equally as nice. But if you love the GGH then get that. It's my opinion that you do NOT have to get giant hardware to get nice leather. I've seen some bags with GH that the leather wasn't as nice as my rh in the same bag.
    Also, it is noticeably heavier!

8. well here's the thing.. my digital camera has a lithium battery and it just stopped charging so my boyfriend called the company over a week and a half ago to get a replacement battery so i'm just patiently waiting until it arrives, but believe me when it does there will be picture overload!

9. ^^thanks for all the input...yahh i think ill go with rh since its just so much easier on my shoulder/arms to wear...

10. One more vote for GGH . I have BG city with GGH: LOVE IT!! Not heavy at all. Leather is thick and not too veiny. As opposed to my sky blue city RH: not too thick and very distressed...I love it too!! Decisions! If possible, you must go and try on the bags. Each one is so different and special in its own way.

Beth

11. In the Part time, i always prefer the GH... it balances out the shape alot more... i'm not a fan of the PT with RH... but the GH sure is alot heavier, i used mine while i was on vacation and for 12 hours straight, my arms were about to fall off! i'd never noticed how heavy it is until that day...