Bruised, Battered, but Back/with Tods treats for you!

I was drooling over the manderine bag (middle in second picture) on E-Lux the other day.

Very nice indeed. There is a lime colored Tods bag that was on sale at E-Lux; the price came down to $400 but when I went to place it in my cart, it said it was sold out.

OHHH I LOVE those new bags. Nice nice nice. Tod's bags reall are elegant.

About your Mother in Law; It really sucks, I feel your pain. My ex-boyfriend mother hated me so much it ended our relationship as well. She used to try to frame me and things like that. Crazy.
My new future mother in law on the other hand loves me to bits! I was so wary meeting her I nearly lapsed into a panic attack! But she was lovely and even presented me with a pair of gorgeous pair of Links of London dangley earrings!

Honestly don't worry, I would say turn the other cheek, but I know how hard it is. At the end of the day you don't live wth her, thank goodness! But don't forget getting your point through to her and to your fiance thats you ARE a good person is important, but if you really love your man, and this will get in between, just bite your tongue. You'll end up much happier that way.

Becca, there are some tods bags on sale at Bluefly.com. The price won't be as great, but still, they are on sale and from a good site. The $400 bag is the mini, its available on Bluefly right now in white the piccola size (slightly bigger), but its 640. When elux. sold that bag for 400, it went like hotcakes.....sorry you didn't get one:sad2:

I also like the manderine bag too.

Becca4277 said:
I was drooling over the manderine bag (middle in second picture) on E-Lux the other day.

Very nice indeed. There is a lime colored Tods bag that was on sale at E-Lux; the price came down to $400 but when I went to place it in my cart, it said it was sold out.

SoyBean001 said:
Fendi, I hear you! I got into a big fuss coming home telling my fiance HE needed to say something!!! In fact, one of those rude comments was actually in front of him (the rare instance). He said he was too shocked at the time, and felt he shouldn't hurt her by speaking up when she was "sorry"later....I disagree....how about me!!! Anyways, we are miles away in NY from England now, but.....I don't know if I can deal with somewhat who won't stick up for me....he believes that she made all the comments I said she did... but he thinks I simply misinterpreted her good intentions! I am soooo frustrated....trust me, I KNOW (like anyone else would) when someone is simply not being nice to me! She's saying opposite things to make me sound so bad....like "oh, I like her, its just that she acts like she doesn't like me....."aghhhhhh!!!!

Anyways, about telling her off, I think this would of been difficult seen she was housing me for two and a half weeks in England away from NY, and I wasn't leaving anytime soon (oh, plus I became bloody sick and was bedridden for a bit)....in fact, I think if i did, she might have used it to show how "bad" i am.....no one else in the family heard 99.9% of those snide comments she made to me.

I think you did the right thing. By telling your fiance how you felt you were able to assert yourself and stand up for yourself which is a VERY tough thing to do. It took me almost two years and by that point the relationship with my ex-bf was already so bad (like I said, many other reasons) that it hardly mattered anymore. It seems like you are able to communicate your feelings well which is essential. And I agree 100% that you want to be with someone who will stick up for you. And in all likelihood he genuinely felt conflicted and did not know what to do. It is probably easier to believe that YOU misinterpreted it than to believe that his MOM did something hurtful to the love of his life! I think you seem like a tough cookie though and you won't give in to her being nasty or manipulative.

Like some other posters here said, sometimes these things just take time. The fact that you live far away is REALLY good because it will limit the control she has over you and your fiance. But stand your ground and demand respect from both him and from her because you deserve it. NOt that I need to tell you; you seem to be doing a really good job of it already. :P

I'm sorry your mil is treating you awful. I'm sure she would be very upset if someone juged her on her things. She needs to take a chill pill and get to know you. And stop judging you. It's like the old saying, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

I got lucky, my mil is really nice to me. But my dh grandmother is another story, she is craaazzzyyy. I pretty much just try to stay out of her way.

I hope you feel better!

Thanks, for the sound advice. Honestly, all the comments/PMs from you and everyone is what I really needed. I think all the accumulated experiences from everyone is really helpful...wow, this is some purse forum! In these times, it kinda reminds me of those knitting clubs where women knit but bonded in other issues too! I'm so glad I came back to the forum and decided to open up a little here....
From the sound of this thread, I certainly haven't stumbled upon uncharted territory.

Anyways, I am glad to be away, living away. I understand my fiance's conflicted situation....it must be difficult for him....but still, its hurting me.

FendiBagLady said:
I think you did the right thing. By telling your fiance how you felt you were able to assert yourself and stand up for yourself which is a VERY tough thing to do. It took me almost two years and by that point the relationship with my ex-bf was already so bad (like I said, many other reasons) that it hardly mattered anymore. It seems like you are able to communicate your feelings well which is essential. And I agree 100% that you want to be with someone who will stick up for you. And in all likelihood he genuinely felt conflicted and did not know what to do. It is probably easier to believe that YOU misinterpreted it than to believe that his MOM did something hurtful to the love of his life! I think you seem like a tough cookie though and you won't give in to her being nasty or manipulative.

Like some other posters here said, sometimes these things just take time. The fact that you live far away is REALLY good because it will limit the control she has over you and your fiance. But stand your ground and demand respect from both him and from her because you deserve it. NOt that I need to tell you; you seem to be doing a really good job of it already. :P

SoyBean001 said:
In these times, it kinda reminds me of those knitting clubs where women knit but bonded in other issues too! I'm so glad I came back to the forum and decided to open up a little here....
From the sound of this thread, I certainly haven't stumbled upon uncharted territory.

The knitting clubs ain't got nuttin on us! :cool:

Being a guy who is in a very serious relationship (love you baby :love:), I want to add my two invaluable cents to this.

I do believe that a man should have the guts to defend his fiancee in front of his mother, should she be acting up and critisizing stupid things out of spite. Heck, everyone tends to find fault in the most insignificant features or traits in the other person if there is something else bugging you. Let me ask you this, is your fiancee a single child? If so, it's pretty clear why your MIL suddenly went off on you... you're taking her baby boy away.

I mean, it's a tough call really, because guys don't know how to work with both women in their lives, and they don't want to hurt either. Mediating would be probably the best solution, instead of messing things up with either party. In an earlier relationship my mom was heavily critisizing my gf, and she ended up being right about everything. God bless her heart! Fortunately, there is no issues whatsoever currently, and since my mom loves Megs I somewhat doubt there will ever be any.

By the way, why do I only hear troubles with the MIL... what about the Daddies In Law? Sheesh, women... :P

Vlad- you are right- it does go both ways! Both (FIL and MIL) can be a royal PITA! Both of my in laws truly believe that I am a pretentious snob because I enjoy fashion and shopping- and cannot believe I would pay full price or designer goods! They believe that makes me shallow and cannot believe that I am spending their son's hard earned money on clothes/accessories (even though I make just as much if not more than my hubby)!!!! Even though my shopping habits have sent my hubby through the roof on occasion, the bottom line is that it is none of my in-laws business how I spend MY money! Thankfully, my husband stands by my side!!!
:love:

Thanks for the two cents here Vlad...the minority male in the current womens issue:P. Well, no mediating in the future till the moms is out of denial for things she is saying to me, secondly, my fiance is not an only child, however, you would think he was. Contributing to this problem is probably that he was at boarding school most his life, then suddenly, moved to NY right after. I could see how she was sad....though it is no excuse for her. Lastly, daddies in law....I got along splendidly with him. He was fantastic, charming and funny. I also got along with her other son....I wonder if all they drove her bonkers or something:P

Anyways, baby boy or not, one thing is clear, he only needs breast feeding from one women at this point in his life!:amuse: yes, I did just say that.

Vlad said:
Being a guy who is in a very serious relationship (love you baby :love:), I want to add my two invaluable cents to this.

I do believe that a man should have the guts to defend his fiancee in front of his mother, should she be acting up and critisizing stupid things out of spite. Heck, everyone tends to find fault in the most insignificant features or traits in the other person if there is something else bugging you. Let me ask you this, is your fiancee a single child? If so, it's pretty clear why your MIL suddenly went off on you... you're taking her baby boy away.

I mean, it's a tough call really, because guys don't know how to work with both women in their lives, and they don't want to hurt either. Mediating would be probably the best solution, instead of messing things up with either party. In an earlier relationship my mom was heavily critisizing my gf, and she ended up being right about everything. God bless her heart! Fortunately, there is no issues whatsoever currently, and since my mom loves Megs I somewhat doubt there will ever be any.

By the way, why do I only hear troubles with the MIL... what about the Daddies In Law? Sheesh, women... :P

good that your husband stands up for you! You are right, your decisions are your own to make, and not to be meddled or haggled with by the in laws. I feel bad that they are both that way!

jag said:
Vlad- you are right- it does go both ways! Both (FIL and MIL) can be a royal PITA! Both of my in laws truly believe that I am a pretentious snob because I enjoy fashion and shopping- and cannot believe I would pay full price or designer goods! They believe that makes me shallow and cannot believe that I am spending their son's hard earned money on clothes/accessories (even though I make just as much if not more than my hubby)!!!! Even though my shopping habits have sent my hubby through the roof on occasion, the bottom line is that it is none of my in-laws business how I spend MY money! Thankfully, my husband stands by my side!!!
:love:

I know deep down they both mean well, but we just come from different worlds. They cannot fathom even spending $200 for a handbag and when I was talking about spending $1500-$2000 on a single bag (had my eye on a Paddy at the time)- they almost passed out! Of course, my FIL secretly told me that he actually liked my MJ Blake Bag - LOL! If he only knew!!! I just laugh at it now b/c there has been a lot of tension through the years since I also "took my husband away" from his home, and I come from a very different background. So whenever they give me grief for being irresponsible (money wise) I just laugh inside because not only did their darling son who can do no wrong choose to move away from this closed minded environment, but he actually fell in love with someone like me! We have been together for almost 13 years (dating + marriage) so I am not worried about what they think of me anymore.

Sorry to hear about your monster-in-law! Most of them just can't let go. They need to punish the woman that took their son away from them. So sad ..... On a lighter note ... I love all of the Tod's bags and colors. More bags to obsess over .... YIKES!
P.S. Hang in there with the out-law.... umm .. in-law. They eventually come around.