Brought down a faker, now feeling remorse!

1. Someone advertised a Fendi spy bag on my work e-board, I took a look at it and thought it was a fake (the swinging orange tag gave it away) but to be sure I got it authenticated in the Fendi forum.

Surprise surprise it was a fake - I emailed the seller back and said that I couldn't justify spending that much money on a fake. I then emailed the administrator of the e-board and told him it was a fake, and that it is illegal to sell fakes. He pulled the advert and contacted the seller. Now I'm feeling really bad :sad:

I work at a university and so know that the seller (a student) could really use the money from selling the bag, but similarly I didn't want another student wasting precious money on buying something so fake :push:

*sigh* I feel bad.

2. you did the right thing. You just saved a student from wasting tons of money on a counterfeit bag they would never use.

3. IMHO you did the right thing. Yay to you.

4. They were advertising it as Fendi not a fake - you did the right thing.

5. Don't feel bad. Fake or not, the seller would have sold and some poor person would have gotten ripped off. You did the right thing.

6. I agree you did the right thing. Being a poor student is not an excuse to do something illegal, and the student who might have purchased the bag would have been hurt had you not done what you did.

7. You did the right thing- don't feel bad!

8. I understand how you feel. I would be feeling guilty myself. I know we tend to take a hard stance on fake bags because we spend so much of our money on the real thing, but I do feel bad for the student. Perhaps they didn't know it was fake and they were the original victim? I would have given the student a chance to remove the listing. Then, they could at least feel good knowing that they did the right thing. If they didn't remove it, I would have contacted the administrator.

I don't want to make you feel like you did the wrong thing, because the fact that you feel bad means we think the same way. Also, I am clearly a minority on this particular issue. I'm kind of tough minded on many issues, but I truly feel bad for people that may not have been born with the opportunities that many of us wrere given. I'm a complete sucker in circumstances like this. :rolleyes: In any case, it's done and you can feel good knowing that someone else didn't end up being another victim.:balloon:

9. I second that motion!!! BTW ... selling/advertising goods as the 'real thing' when they, in fact, are not ... is AGAINST THE LAW! So, you DEFINITELY did the right thing!

10. sorry, double post

11. You should DEFINITELY not feel bad!

12. don't feel bad. you did the right thing.. just *imagine* if a fellow pf'er was the one who ended up buying that bag.

13. I'll repeat what was said earlier- selling counterfeits is against the law, try not to be upset, you may have done the seller a favor in the long run.

14. You did a right thing!

15. don't feel bad. selling fakes is illegal. would you report someone who was selling drugs?