Brokeback Mountain

1. So I finally saw this movie last night...I had forgotten all about it. It was excellent!

What did everyone else think?
  2. I really liked it! I made my husband watch it...he did not like it as much!! lol...It was a nice love story.
  3. LOL same!! DH watched it with me, at first he wasn't going to let me get it, but then he gave in. I think he secretly liked it, although when I asked him he said it was "OK" :rolleyes:
  4. I saw it in the theaters earlier this year, and although there were some uncomfortable scenes for my boyfriend to watch, we both thought that it was a really moving story. I really love Ang Lee and think that he's a really masterful storyteller.
  5. I thought it was great. It handled a difficult subject very well. Some people may have been put off by the love scenes (particularly the one in the tent) but it's just sex - we all do it.

One of the best movies of the last couple of years.
  6. I love the movie, adore it.
  7. wow i must go rent it...:smile:
  8. As a film piece, I thought it was great- but I don't think I'll ever see it again. I'm like that with most sad movies- I'll never see The Perfect Storm ever again either!
  9. ^ I wouldn't mind watching Jake and Heath kiss again! lol:graucho: :lol: :upsidedown:
  10. The theme music will stay with you hauntingly beautiful,it won the academy award.
  11. I really liked it! I saw the midnight showing last year when it first came out in San Francisco:yahoo:My boyfriend had been living under a rock and had no idea what this movie was about- he thought it was some sappy romance so he was happy to take me (he enjoyed The Notebook, I even caught him crying). Later he found it was a sappy romance between 2 males and he wasn't so eager to go anymore :lol: But he still went and thought the movie was okay.
  12. I havent seen it yet!!! I am planning to rent it next, first i have to watch Munich which i just rented
  13. I loved the movie. Yes, there was a lot of press about it being a "gay cowboy" movie, but at its simple core it was about love. Forbidden love can come in so many ways so I think a lot of people could relate to the movie regardless of their sexuality.
  14. Yes!

15. That's kind of how I felt about it - it was a beautiful, incredibly moving film, but it broke my heart. Call me a sap, but I like happy endings, and so I probably won't watch it again. But I wholeheartedly recommend it.