Bright Color Regret?

Great thread! I love everyone's input on wardrobe coloring. I personally at all times have at least one yellow bag, one red bag, one black bag & one bag in a light stone color, not quite grey but not quite beige. I have been starting to upgrade my bags this year, one of my most favorite bags that I have picked up is a BV bright orange cervo hobo, I have carried it everywhere. I don't impulse buy, if I see a bag in a color I like, I pull a picture of it up on my tablet and take it to my closet

Reactions: ksuromax
I'm primarily a neutral lover when it comes to bags, plus a few dark reds, olives and blues and the exceptional pop of bright green. Bright green works best with clean minimalist styles in neutral colours, this combo just feels right for me (an alternative to the 'pop' of the more usual red bag). I shy away from other brights, it's just bright green I find irresistible, I use them (2 bags) on a regular basis. I think if you have a favourite colour and it happens to be bright there's nothing wrong with treating yourself to one bag in that colour.
I absolutely love green as well, but to tell the truth I find it SO hard to integrate into my daily outfits. Perhaps we can start a thread- 'how to carry your green handbags '

I absolutely love green as well, but to tell the truth I find it SO hard to integrate into my daily outfits. Perhaps we can start a thread- 'how to carry your green handbags '

Check out Daphne Guinness and her green Birkin, she wears with all her neutrals, day and night. It was a pic of someone carrying a Vert Moyen Kelly that ruined me for life, I think she was striding across a road in a smart neutral suit green Kelly in hand :smile:

I think people will be so sick of me on that thread - actually I think there was one :confused1: . I may have to find it :rolleyes:

Reactions: ladysarah

I found a couple of them I can remember contributing to:

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/are-bright-green-bags-useful.928660/

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/help-show-me-your-favorite-green-handbag.929207/

But maybe we need something like 'difficult colour to style support group' on the wardrobe thread?

My most recent purchase was a green bag -- the green UltraDior bag (larger size). It's a dark green and works pretty well with most of my outfits. Years ago, I had a beautiful very dark green Premier Flirt bag from Lancel. It could look like a very dark grey in certain lighting. Was a great color. But I ended up disappointed with the bag because a) I realized I don't like bucket bags all that much and b) despite paying a "made in Europe" price (800 euros in early 2009), it was made in China.

For those of you who have purchased a bag in a really bright color did you end up regretting your purchase and did you end up not using the bag as much as you thought you would? Do you wish you would have bought the color in a smaller size bag? Do you typically wear colorful clothes or do/did you use the bright color of your bag as an accessory? Lately I find myself drawn to some really bright colors of seasons past (think orchid, safran, azure) and am debating to add that color or one of the many other brights to my bag wardrobe but I am wondering if I'll regret the purchase and maybe should stick with a wallet or makeup case in bright. I am not girly and dress in fairly clean lines in solids of white, black, grey, and occasionally navy blue but love colorful scarves and use them almost daily. I own a large Veneta in black, an Aquilone in black, and a Cervo hobo in navy. I do abuse my bags and really do not baby them so I'm also wondering how well he brighter colors hold up to wear.

Nope. Have had my Trefle green medium hobo for 3 years - no regrets. Love it and use it on occasion. I do use it with other spots of green in my outfits but generally it gives an uplift to my usual black/ navy/ dark brown clothes.

Last edited:
Reactions: indiaink

Check out Daphne Guinness and her green Birkin, she wears with all her neutrals, day and night. It was a pic of someone carrying a Vert Moyen Kelly that ruined me for life, I think she was striding across a road in a smart neutral suit green Kelly in hand :smile:

I think people will be so sick of me on that thread - actually I think there was one :confused1: . I may have to find it :rolleyes:

My most recent purchase was a green bag -- the green UltraDior bag (larger size). It's a dark green and works pretty well with most of my outfits. Years ago, I had a beautiful very dark green Premier Flirt bag from Lancel. It could look like a very dark grey in certain lighting. Was a great color. But I ended up disappointed with the bag because a) I realized I don't like bucket bags all that much and b) despite paying a "made in Europe" price (800 euros in early 2009), it was made in China.

Nope. Have had my Trefle green medium hobo for 3 years - no regrets. Love it and use it on occasion. I do use it with other spots of green in my outfits but generally it gives an uplift to my usual black/ navy/ dark brown clothes.

Hello, green-lovers! I really like green bags, too. At first I thought that I'd have trouble matching my Marcapunto (bottle green) Cabat with outfits, but ultimately, I decided that it just goes with everything without needing to match anything. It just works, regardless of what I'm wearing, because it's one of the colors in "my" universe. I'd have a much harder time if it were a pastel color.

Oh yes if you find please post it- sounds incredible...:heart:

Hello, green-lovers! I really like green bags, too. At first I thought that I'd have trouble matching my Marcapunto (bottle green) Cabat with outfits, but ultimately, I decided that it just goes with everything without needing to match anything. It just works, regardless of what I'm wearing, because it's one of the colors in "my" universe. I'd have a much harder time if it were a pastel color.
Cabats are like bacon - they go with everything. :lol:

I like many, wear mostly neutrals so for me a pop of color is always inviting. I tend to lean more towards
greens, deep plums & caramel/cognac colors. However, if the evening I do wear knots in brighter colors
when I'm wearing black & during the summer I also like a pop of color.