Bridezilla !!!

Love the book idea! Last summer we got an invite with four separate tacky registry cards in it. It just made me wonder why bother picking out a pretty invitation if you are going to stuff it full of tacky cards? :Push:

Hahaha. Send her a printout of the forum topic on what we think of her demands as a note accompanying the book :biggrin:

Just kidding, that's be really uncouth.
Didn't her mother or someone else tell her it was tacky? Or perhaps she was a total bridezilla and people just decided it wasn't worth it.

crochetbella said:
Love the book idea! Last summer we got an invite with four separate tacky registry cards in it. It just made me wonder why bother picking out a pretty invitation if you are going to stuff it full of tacky cards? :Push:

Oh Boy !! this is what is so amazing, Proper simple wedding etiquette would teach any bride to be that you do not include the Registry cards/List in the invitation.

IMO, it's ok to let everyone know where the couple s registered. It is NOT ok though, to actually state in your invite that you want gifts only from these stores. Also, I think including the actual registry list is WAY tacky and not proper at all.

Perja said:
Hahaha. Send her a printout of the forum topic on what we think of her demands as a note accompanying the book :biggrin:

Just kidding, that's be really uncouth.
Didn't her mother or someone else tell her it was tacky? Or perhaps she was a total bridezilla and people just decided it wasn't worth it.

From what we could gather from other horrified would be guest's, her Parents condoned the idea. "What they baby wants their baby should get, just make it very clear".

We do have a friend that is going to attend, she will be our spy. :cool:

Please don't do the book, it's equally poor etiquette to point out ('"subtly" or not) people's shortcomings or faux pas. You're giving her reason to reciprocate. Let's just hope the girl catches on eventually, I assume the attendance rate at her wedding will give her a hint in the right direction.

wow! that sounds nasty. where I come from , we don't even have such thing as a Bridal registry and those who attend a wedding usually bring money as a gift , but there's no specific amount , you give as much as you have or like

Pradasmeadow said:
Yes, I certainly agree with all that's been said, other guests are calling each other just to reconfirm what they read in the invitation, Pretty unbelievable .My Husband doesnt want to go.

I pretty much side with your hubby on this one. I wouldn't want to go either!!!

Most of my friends had multiple stores on their list and it covered the entire spectrum of Tiffany's to Target. I find it somewhat rude and obnoxious of your friend to do that.

Definitely the ATTACK OF THE BRIDEZILLA! And people wonder why my hubby and I decided to elope....

Go to etiquettehell.com. (You can read some PRETTY funny stories there.)

It says that
1) A bride should NOT send the registry with the invitation.
2) A bride can't FORCE her guests to bring gifts. The registry is nearly a suggestion. (You don't have to bring anything if you don't want to.)
3) People should NOT get married just for the presents. The idea is to spend the day with friends and relatives. (The presents are just a bonus.)

OMG, how declasse! It's not even for a bride to MENTION her registry. All she can do is hope the guests ask her parents and that the word gets around where she's registered. Now, they have weddingchannel.com, most people know to look up the bride there. But to mention it on the invitation is HORRIBLE! You can't even assume you will get gifts, let alone dictate where they should come from. Ugh, bridezilla indeed!