Bridezilla !!!

1. We recently got a invitation in the mail for another Wedding for a friend of ours. At the bottom of the invitation it says in bold letters that" she wants all of her gifts to come from either Michael C. Fina or Tiffany's."
    I checked out her Bridal registry and she spared no mercy.
    As it happens my Husband and I can afford to honour her list.
    (This is going to be a large wedding of 350 )

The Bridal registry list came with the invitation

So, My question is it OK for Bride to be, to dictate where all of her wedding gifts come from ?

What if you cannot afford whats on the list ?

2. Wow....I've never given much thought to the subject, but I've never been a fan of bridal registries. Well... perhaps it may be alright, but I wouldn't expect or imply that every guest should purchase from the list. If she's holding a huge wedding, I can see that the couple may want to recoup most of the costs.... but it leaves an obligation in her guests, especially with the way the invitation was sent

3. I don't think including the registry list with the invitation is a standard procedure, but I haven't been to that many weddings. The ones I've been to usually has a small, one line of info saying their registry can be found at so and so. And the people who have been living together say to either contribute to their honeymoon fund or donate a gift to charity in their name. IMO, it's pretty gauche to a) include the registry list with the invite and b) put in bold that she only wants gifts from those two places.

4. All the weddings I went to, the wedding lists were from 2 or 3 different shops - moslty things for the house - and containing all price ranges... I find it very tacky to say "I only want Tiffany's"... but it's just me ;)

5. I agree, It certainly isn't standard to include the Registry. Normally you visit the store and the list is available there for you to look at. I was offended by the invitation its self.

6. My vote is really tacky--to send the registry out with the invite and an ultimatum--Yuck

7. I (and all of my bridal magazines!) think it's tacky to include any registry information in the invite!!

8. Wow! What nerve! The brides of today are really out of control! She's got to be kidding. The invitation is supposed to be about the honor of your "presence" not your "presents." Clue her in.

9. Yes, I certainly agree with all that's been said, other guests are calling each other just to reconfirm what they read in the invitation, Pretty unbelievable .My Husband doesnt want to go.

10. That's really tacky, not to mention rude. It's not up to her guests to decorate her house in Tiffany's, and not everyone can afford Tiffany's. You should get her etiquette lessons as your gift to her!

11. wow! that's tacky! i used to sell china, so i've dealt with tons of registeries and we always advised against submitting the registry or the mention of the registry with the invite. i think registering is a great idea and very helpful for most of the guests, but i don't think you should be greedy or demanding..it should be subtle and a well rounded mix of less expensive to moderate gifts with a some more expensive ones for those interested or for groups to purchase.

12. Are you close to this person? If not, I'm with your husband. I personally would rather not go...it's not just that she was tacky enough to put the registry on the invite, but just that she has the audacity to say 'You must spend a minimum of x dollars on me if you want to watch me get married'.

13. I wouldn't want to attend either. That's just plain rude :cry:

14. Actually this is my husband friends stepdaughter, she is only 22.I feel she is just not mature enough and has absolutely no etiquette to make these kind of demands on anyone.
    My Husband has the invitation ready to mail with the RSVP, he already has a excuse for us both. He said he feels sorry for the Groom.

15. PradasmeadowWe recently got a invitation in the mail for another Wedding for a friend of ours. At the bottom of the invitation it says in bold letters that" she wants all of her gifts to come from either Michael C. Fina or Tiffany's." :blink:
    I checked out her Bridal registry and she spared no mercy. :noworry:
    As it happens my Husband and I can afford to honour her list.
    (This is going to be a large wedding of 350 )

The Bridal registry list came with the invitation :amazed: (NO~~ IT DID NOT!!!!, TELL ME YOUR KIDDING!!!!!! :blink: )

So, My question is it OK for Bride to be, to dictate where all of her wedding gifts come from ? :cool:

What if you cannot afford whats on the list ? :p

As you can see from my smilies that I put in your quote's this is AWFUL!!!
    I have to agree with your hubby...I would not go, unless it was a family member or someone that you just absolutly could not get out of.

If I HAD to go, I would buy something completly off registry just to make a point.. :mad: :cool: ( and there would be NO receipt to return it either)

THAT IS SOOOO RUDE....:blink:

I think that it is OK to put the registry information (discreetly) in the "Bridal Shower" invite....NEVER the Wedding Invite.

I would think that someone who shops at Tiffany and expects such lavish gifts would have some manners.
    I guess not...

Let us know what you are going to do.....
    What are all the other invitee's saying? Man, I bet she is making a lot of people mad!!!!
    I know I would be.....