Breast Augmentation?

^I have so much trouble getting accurately sized. I am a full B, maybe a small C on my left and a small B on my right. I generally wear very padded bras in an effort to minimize the asymmetry.

Both prospective surgeons are board certified and highly regarded in my area. I am very lucky to live in a major city with access to excellent doctors/hospitals.

^I have so much trouble getting accurately sized. I am a full B, maybe a small C on my left and a small B on my right. I generally wear very padded bras in an effort to minimize the asymmetry.

Both prospective surgeons are board certified and highly regarded in my area. I am very lucky to live in a major city with access to excellent doctors/hospitals.

Sounds like my old size - full B/small C with one slightly bigger than the other. I have silicone and it is squishy. I'm only 2.5 months post op, so I may have more softening up to come. My Dr. says that my natural breast tissue is dense and has always been firm before pre op, but we'll see in a few months. I've felt girls with saline, even with a lot of breast tissue, and it feels different from real breasts or silicone. You can feel the bag of water sometimes. However, some girls with saline say that theirs feel real, so I'm sure it's possible. GL!

^Clearly silicone feels better than saline, but there are other considerations when choosing implant materials (consistency, incision size, rippling, cost, rupture, etc.). Generally speaking, saline is harder than natural breast tissue and silicone is similar, the incision size is smaller for saline implants than for silicone, rippling occurs more often in saline rather than silicone, cost of silicone is more expensive, and rupture is easy to detect in saline and difficult to detect in silicone (also making it more expensive). Your plastic surgeon will go over all of these pros and cons with you (in detail). Best of luck to you, zoeyjoey:smile:

Thanks vhodos and bisoux. I really appreciate your input. :smile:

I know it is a bit silly of me, but I am so self conscious about my asymmetry (and have been for a very long time) that I really have a hard time discussing this in person with anyone. Everyone here is so friendly and supportive, I feel like I can ask questions and discuss this more openly. Thanks again!

Hi girls! Boy, do I love TPF! There is always so much information and such amazing points of view. I'm happy I stumbled upon this thread. I'm excited (and a bit nervous) to say that I'm getting a breast lift & implants on Tuesday! I've breastfeed 2 kids and my breasts are sad, they need an uplift. I'll keep you all posted. :smile:

Hi girls! Boy, do I love TPF! There is always so much information and such amazing points of view. I'm happy I stumbled upon this thread. I'm excited (and a bit nervous) to say that I'm getting a breast lift & implants on Tuesday! I've breastfeed 2 kids and my breasts are sad, they need an uplift. I'll keep you all posted. :smile:
Good luck, I just had a lift with aug on July 13, if anybody has any questions?

^ At this point I am not sure what would work best for me. I have serious asymmetry and may need a lift on one side. My desired result is a full C/small D, and I would prefer a more natural look. I am curious to see what the plastic surgeons recommend.

I have significant asymmetry as well. The first PS I had a consult with said he could do a lift and put a larger implant on the smaller side to balance out the asymmetry. The second PS I saw is recommending I have a lift and reduction of the larger breast in one surgery and then implants in a second surgery. He said that the only way to correct the asymmetry is to do a reduction of the larger breast so they are the same size and then do the implant later. He said that if I don't do it that way, the larger breast with the smaller implant will sag faster. I am not sure what to think. I have another consult next month with bisousx's PS so we will see what he says.

I have significant asymmetry as well. The first PS I had a consult with said he could do a lift and put a larger implant on the smaller side to balance out the asymmetry. The second PS I saw is recommending I have a lift and reduction of the larger breast in one surgery and then implants in a second surgery. He said that the only way to correct the asymmetry is to do a reduction of the larger breast so they are the same size and then do the implant later. He said that if I don't do it that way, the larger breast with the smaller implant will sag faster. I am not sure what to think. I have another consult next month with bisousx's PS so we will see what he says.

Oh, nice!!! :biggrin:

Hi all. I had my first consultation yesterday and it went extremely well! This PS has a very low complication rate (which I love) but is pretty conservative when it comes to size. The plan is to get a peri-areolar lift in both breasts and deal with the asymmetry by using different sized implants (304 cc and 286 cc) and removing tissue from the larger breast if he deems it necessary. I have chosen silicone implants placed under the muscle, crease incision. I am now a small C/ B. I liked the after photos of women with similar proportions who got implants in my size range, but everyone's anatomy is so different, and I wonder if I will regret going too small. The Dr. is so confident that bigger wouldn't be better that he will re-do the surgery for free, less the cost of the implants themselves, if I am not satisfied with the final size. He warned that my anatomy might not properly accommodate a larger implant, and that a larger implant could end up sagging - which is exactly what I do not want. I loved everything else about this PS: coordinator, nurses, pre and post-op regimens to improve recovery, even his bedside manner. Anyone regret their implant size and wish they went bigger?

Hi all. I had my first consultation yesterday and it went extremely well! This PS has a very low complication rate (which I love) but is pretty conservative when it comes to size. The plan is to get a peri-areolar lift in both breasts and deal with the asymmetry by using different sized implants (304 cc and 286 cc) and removing tissue from the larger breast if he deems it necessary. I have chosen silicone implants placed under the muscle, crease incision. I am now a small C/ B. I liked the after photos of women with similar proportions who got implants in my size range, but everyone's anatomy is so different, and I wonder if I will regret going too small. The Dr. is so confident that bigger wouldn't be better that he will re-do the surgery for free, less the cost of the implants themselves, if I am not satisfied with the final size. He warned that my anatomy might not properly accommodate a larger implant, and that a larger implant could end up sagging - which is exactly what I do not want. I loved everything else about this PS: coordinator, nurses, pre and post-op regimens to improve recovery, even his bedside manner. Anyone regret their implant size and wish they went bigger?

If you want to go bigger and your PS refuses, find a different surgeon. I assume you're talking about a difference of 100-200 ccs or so. Most of my friends have had to undergo 2 surgeries to go bigger. One of them swears that doctors push girls to go smaller so they will return for a 2nd surgery. Many, if not most, girls wish they had gone bigger. All implants risk sagging, especially if you don't wear a proper bra. I was the same size pre op as you, 34b/32c, although I don't know your BWD - I can say that with 400 ccs, I could've gone bigger and still looked nice. Mine look very natural right now, and my surgeon says they will get a bit smaller as time goes on.

zoeyjoey said:

I did. And had them redone to be bigger. You really have to go with your gut on this. Just from experience, my own and that of my girlfriends', nobody has wished they went smaller. Most of my friends wish they had gone bigger and plan to when it's time to redo. I appreciate a cautious surgeon, but this is all about looks and very expensive. You should go see a few more surgeons and see what someone else has to say. Good luck!

If you want to go bigger and your PS refuses, find a different surgeon. I assume you're talking about a difference of 100-200 ccs or so. Most of my friends have had to undergo 2 surgeries to go bigger. One of them swears that doctors push girls to go smaller so they will return for a 2nd surgery. Many, if not most, girls wish they had gone bigger. All implants risk sagging, especially if you don't wear a proper bra. I was the same size pre op as you, 34b/32c, although I don't know your BWD - I can say that with 400 ccs, I could've gone bigger and still looked nice. Mine look very natural right now, and my surgeon says they will get a bit smaller as time goes on.

In my experience, I really haven't seen doctors advocating smaller implants in an effort to do repeat surgeries. That's silly. If anything, some doctors will suggest smaller sizes because smaller sizes can typically mean less complications. Less complications means more satisfied customers. More satisfied customers means more doctor recommendations by word of mouth and so on and so forth. You get the picture.
As far as size is concerned, sure, I know women who went bigger in subsequent surgeries, but I also know women who went smaller in subsequent surgeries. The majority of women I know, were perfectly happy with the one surgery and the one size:yes: To be honest, I get a little concerned when a woman is ready to jump into surgery #2 (and larger implants) right after surgery #1 because in some cases (not all), it can demonstrate some sort of obsession with plastic surgery and/or perfection. I think that each woman should do what's right for her and not get caught up in the you'll-wish-you-had-gone-bigger theory.
If you feel like you want to go bigger, zoeyjoey, speak to your doctor about it. Express your concerns and let him know that although you were very impressed with everything that you saw & heard, you still have some reservations about his recommended size. If he still disagrees, and you still feel like you want a larger size, then you may need to investigate other doctors as bisousx suggested. You really should try to get what you want the first time around.

i'm one of the few who wish i had went smaller. i only have 360cc (was a large a/small b to begin with) and am now a 32ddd (f). fitting into certain clothes in the biggest pain. but if you feel you should go bigger, def. talk to dr about it.