BREAKING: Evil Kneivel has died

1. Breaking on CNN.com right now....

-- Legendary motorcycle stuntman Evel Knievel died Friday, according to evelknievel.com

This guy was a legend when I was a kid.

2. WOW..he truly was a legend...how sad...he was a great entertainer!

3. boy he was a legend for sure.
    Really lived life to the fullest!

4. So sad. My Dad took us to see him make a jump in the Astrodome in Houston when I was a kid.

5. Here's video of his jump at Ceasar's Palace in 1967, when he had that bad crash. He had a crushed pelvis, femur, hip and arm fractures and both ankles and a concussion that kept him in a coma for 29 days.

Warning this shows the crash and may be graphic for some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGGCVE2lKY

6. [​IMG]Knievel Takes His Final Leap

Posted Nov 30th 2007 4:13PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: R.I.P.
    [​IMG]Daredevil Evel Knievel died Friday, said his granddaughter. He was 69.

He had reportedly been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and a condition that caused scarring in his lungs.

Knievel underwent a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of Hepatitis C. We're told he likely contracted the disease from a blood transfusion after one of his infamous spills.

Evel's rep tells TMZ, "The world has lost a one of a kind human being. Someone like this we'll never never see again." His rep told us that he had just spoken to Evel yesterday, and he wasn't feeling well.

Story developing ...

7. Oh no! May he rest in peace!

My prayers go out to his friends and loved ones!

8. R.I.P.

The man is a legend.

9. How sad. I am sorry for his family, as well.

10. Rest in Peace Evil. You are a legend, and your name is equated with "daredevil" forever.

His son Robby aint a slouch in the daredevil department either.

Man, I remember when I was a kid, we'd build ramps (little ones) to jump our bikes over, to imitate him.

11. :sad: ahhh

I loved Evil Knievel! May he RIP

12. Very sad- he was on a local radio show the day before he died talking about his settlement w/ Kanye West and said he was feeling pretty well.

13. Yeah he was on the mjmorning show. May he RIP:crybaby:

14. He'll definitely never be forgotten!

15. same here RIP:heart: