Brave Surfers Can't Resist Call of California's Killer Waves *pics/video!*

1. Click the link below for incredible video of the surfing conditions in California right now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3958897&affil=komo

Brave Surfers Can't Resist Call of California's Killer Waves

In Spite of Local Accident, a Few Brave Surfers Rush to Hit the Killer Waves

[​IMG]
    Tow surfers ride giant waves off Pecadero Point in Pebble Beach, Calif., Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2007 as big wave surfer Peter Davi of Monterey County, Calif., receives CPR. (Monterey County Herald, Vern Fisher/AP Photo)

[​IMG]
    Surfing

Redondo Beach, Calif., is a popular "big wave" surf spot in the south bay of Los Angeles. Surfers here range from 35 to 50 years old. Today's surf reached about 8 to 12 feet this morning.
    (Dave Hall)

[​IMG]
    Surfing

This surfer is trying to "stall" on the wave, or squat so that the entire wave covers him. This is also called "tube riding." Surfers say they experience a great high when tube riding.
    (Dave Hall)

[​IMG]
    Surfing

Surfers ride down a "triple overhead" -- an approximately 15-foot wave, or roughly triple the height of these surfers.
    (Dave Hall)

2. EKKKK!

I used to shark-fish off the coast of Humboldt County (up by Eureka). Don't these clowns know they can get eaten?

3. Wow that takes some major guts!

4. I grew up surfing.. and was a competitive swimmer. Let me tell you, the pull waves that size have is amazing. You can be the best swimmer and drown. Hope they are all careful

5. This is NOT my definition of brave.

6. Crazy!!!! But for a surfer....those waves have to be the ultimate!

7. how bout this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ocean=Sharks.

Speedy likes dry land.

9. OMG!!!! Too scary for me :s