Brass Hardware (ie Zipper Pulls) Chipping? A sign of a fake ...?

1. I have a small pochette I bought last year at Saks at South Coast Plaza (southern CA). At the time, when I looked at it, I thought to myself, "wow the hardware on this looks really cheap". I didn't have time to compare it to anything the day I was buying it. A day or 2 afterward, I went to the LV store to compare mine to the one they had on display, and it looks exactly the same. I'm still not convinced that the pochette isn't fake despite that I bought it at Saks. My boyfriend is French and says it looks "off" to him. I know that there are some very good fakes from Asia available here (in Southern CA) and that's what this looks like to me. For example, the "shiny-ness" (sorry I can't think of the right word!) of the brass on the zipper pull is wearing off ... is this supposed to happen?

2. Im sure that Saks wouldnt sell a fake. But if you'd like to have us look at it, please post some pics. I've heard that after some time the shine goes away on the hardware, I think some people here use brasso to get it back.

3. I don't think Saks LV would sell fakes. Post some photos and let us see what you're talking about. You probably just bought an old pouchette that they held on to for a long time.

Btw, WELCOME!!

4. My pochette is the same way... I've had it for almost 3 years now and the hardware isn't so shiny and it's definitely not a fake as I bought it at the LV store in South Coast Plaza. Can you post some pictures?

5. The zipper pull on my papillon (2 y.o)has lost some shine too.Looks like it's plated and the gold just chipped off???:blink: For the price we pay it should be solid gold!!!:graucho: Maybe not,the gold price has gone through the roof:rant:

6. There's some chipping on one of my pochette cles, it's something that just happens over time.

7. I've had my Epi pochette for a little over 6 months and the hardware's chipping. I bought it from an LV store too. I suppose I can attribute it to my roughness with the bag i.e. dropping it on multiple occasions

8. I don't think that chipping is necessarily a sign of a fake.
    Just a sign of something that's been well used LOL. I have minor chipping on my wallet. It gets tossed around a lot.
    Post some pictures and I'm sure you'd get a lot of feedback on your bag's authenticity

9. No, it doesn't mean it's fake. Here is a zipper pull on my Papillon 30 (which is authentic). It's just normal wear and tear or so I've been told.

pict22641kj.jpg
  10. the zipper pull on my speedy 25 is the same way as Irene's. I guess that happens over time and use.

11. It happens! A few of my older accessory pieces that I use alot do this. The material used for the locks is different then the material used for the pulls and zippers. Mine look like they have been "chewed" a bit. It happens dont stress!
    That is why I only use my special edition items carefully and not as often.
    Selena