Brand new Tano purchase not what I expected, can someone help??

1. I just received a Tano blueprint Nit Picky bag. I bought it off of eBay and it is supposed to be new with tags. The bag is gorgeous but the leather looks very worn in places. This is crunch leather which I know is supposed to be distressed looking , but it actually looks abraded in areas like the leather is dried out or unsealed in those areas. Particularly up near the handles in the corners. Is it supposed to look like that?? The other portions of leather look beautiful to me, so I just want to be sure that is typical of this leather or was I sold a used bag. I am reading that Tano bags are somewhat stiff at first and get broken in. This was is very squishy already -- is that an indication of used? This is my first Tano, so I would really appreciate any input. If it is not in new condition, I definately want to contact the seller!:s

2. Could you post some pics of teh worn areas? Maybe TanoExpert can chime in. I have quite a few crunch leather bags and with the exception of one they are all even toned and no wear on them. I was told that it is normal for crunch to look worn and lighter in some areas but that only happened to one of my new crunch bags and b/c of that I don't use that bag very much.

3. I think I understand what you mean, I have a Tano in crunch leather and it has the same look and feel to it. I actually am not very fond of it.

4. Was it a final sale on eBay? When you buy on eBay, you never know what you are getting. It might have been used, or be an irregular from Tano's warehouse sale, etc., etc. I hate to say this, but I never buy ANYTHING online unless I can return it for a full refund if I don't like it.

Without seeing the bag in person, I cant really say for sure if the Tano bag that you bought on ebay is used or irregular/damaged or normal. I would just decide on your own if you like the bag or not, and then take it up with the seller if need be. What else can you do?

5. I have a crunch bag, and even after 6 months of almost constant use it is not abraded or rough in any places. It is still smooth - not at all dried or unsealed looking. I am very fond of the crunch leather, but I wouldn't be if it looked like you describe! I've never seen a new crunch leather bag look like you are describing, and I would definitely take issue with the seller.

6. I'm sorry to hear that! I had several crunch leather bags over the years and they do show wear first on the corners. It bugged me which is why I sold them - they were the Sex Bombs - and as much as I loved them, I couldn't take it. I think that some of the other styles like the Boogie Bucket might now show as much wear because I think (from what I can remember), there are leather straps that are wrapped around the sides, etc., almost protecting the bag from wear on the bottoms and corners.

I think you would be much better off with either the Lenny Leather or the Gentle Wash Leather in the future. They wear differently - which is the beauty of Tano - because there's a leather or all of us to love.

7. Thanks everyone for your input! I tried to get some photos, but this leather is really hard to capture. I think based on what I am reading that this bag is probably a second quality or something. I contacted the seller so hopefully we will be able to work something out. I think I would love this bag if it was the quality that it should normally be.