Brain Aneurysm

1. My sister unexpectedly passed away 4 weeks ago at age 45 due to a brain aneurysm rupturing. She was in a coma on life support for 3 days.

Brain aneurysms can be genetic and there have been 4 in my family in the past 10 years with only one person surviving. I have had horrible headaches all my life and am going in for an MRI angio July 13. I am scared they will find an aneurysm in my brain as well even though I know it is best they find it and treat it before it ruptures and causes my death.

Does anyone have any experience with treating an aneurysm before it ruptures?

2. No bnjj, but a good friend died of one in high school. I still think about him all the time.

I hope everything is ok with you.

3. Im so very sorry about your loss. I also had a friend in high school who died from an aneurysm and it still is hard to think about. Im sure that putting yourself in the hands of the DR's will be the best thing to do. Hugs and prayers from me.. :-]

4. I am so sorry for your loss. I think it is very wise of you to get checked out and I hope you find that everything is fine.

5. ITA. I lost a high school friend to this right before graduation. I send you my prayers and hugs.

6. That is so scary. The only person I personally know who had an aneurism had had terrible headaches for a couple of days. Even though he had no insurance he went to the ER and they said he needed surgery and had an aneurism. His family had to come up with $25k for the surgery but it saved his life.

I'm sorry about your sister. It's so scary that someone could have an aneurism and not even know it. I already have migraines so I'm sure I'd never know.

7. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you check out ok, I'll be praying for you. Hugs, stay strong.:heart:

8. Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes.

9. Many prayers to you & your family!!!!!

About two months ago a mother in my daughters 1st grade class was driving home from work and passed out at the wheel.

Sadly she had a brain aneurysm and passed away the next day leaving a husband and three young children. She was the bread winner and he took care of the children so it was very difficult. He does have an engineering degree so hopefully he found work. She seemed so happy, upbeat, always volunteering and always smiling. I guess you just never know.

It just seems like it's been more common the past few years hearing about people suffering from this.

10. omg this scares me so much.

bnjj sorry for your loss and i hope you're okay.

11. I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers.

12. Thanks everyone. I will post the results from my MRI Angio when I have them.

13. Hang in there....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

14. I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

My brother collapsed and was rushed to the ER where the Doctor found that he had an aneurysm. He was airlifted to the hospital where the surgery was to be performed. It was a scary time for our family then because we just didn't know if he'll be able to survive it. But thank God he did. If you feel that you're sesceptible to brain aneurysms as well, please go to your Doctor and have yourself checked annually. My bother told me that he thought it was just a migarine he was experiencing. Little did we know that those were the telltale signs... I'm just glad that it wasn't too late for my brother.