Brad and Angelina’s supposed Christmas wedding

1. Brad and Angelina are said to be planning a fairytale Christmas wedding to take place South Africa. Weren’t they supposed to be having some kind of tribal ceremony in Namibia when they were there, and didn’t Brad later say that he wouldn’t get married until it was legal for same sex partners too? This sounds like wishful thinking. Add Oprah into the mix and it’s rather suspect. All this story needs is a dash of George Clooney’s Italian villa:

The Hollywood couple will tie the knot in a small village outside Johannesburg, according to reports in the US.
    Sources say they were persuaded to pick the venue after talking to chat show queen Oprah Winfrey.
    An insider said: “They are treating their marriage like a spiritual affirmation and don’t need big Hollywood glitz like Tom Cruise had in Italy.”
    The ceremony will include traditional African music and will be “simple and elegant”, a friend of the couple told US magazine OK!
    The pal adds: “They are so much in love.
    “Brad and Angelina have waited a long time for this chapter in their lives to unfold.”
    It comes after Jolie and Winfrey have grown close after the TV host was impressed by Jolie’s humanitarian efforts.
    She is said to have told her: “When you have the chance to capture lightning in a bottle you need to go for it.”
    The pal said: “Ange is grateful to have a big sister in Oprah, a person who understands her fears of commitment but is also a kindred spirit.”
    Winfrey, 52, is expected to be among several stars attending the low-key event, shortly before Christmas.
    She founded the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in a village south of Johannesburg.

Madonna, her husband Guy Ritchie, actor George Clooney and Jolie’s co-star Daniel Craig are also said to be going
    Jolie was previously married to actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton.

This story screams ******** on so many levels. Madonna just dissed Angelina Jolie. She told Oprah that she’d never met her and made a dismissive reference to Angelina’s humantarian efforts. She would never be invited to her wedding.
    Oprah and Angelina are not friends as far as I know. Oprah has Jennifer Aniston on all the time, and Brad may have made some appearances on the show but I’ve never heard that Oprah and Angelina are friendly. It’s a slow news week with the holidays coming up, and you can only squeeze so much out of the Britney story. More on that later.
    Here is a picture of Angelina on the cover of January, 2007 Vogue, courtesy of Just Jared.

compliments to
  2. ^^^I agree. This story stinks to high heaven. I don't believe it one iota.
  3. this is the 2nd place i read that Jolie and BitT are getting married in south africa :shrugs:
  4. Dont belive this for a second!
  5. are they gonna breakup anytime soon?? oh Jen is asking lol
  6. Brad & Angelina Wedding Denied: Rep Says "It's All Made Up"

The couple with their children in New York, Dec. 8, 2006.

Brad Pitt's rep denied late Friday that the actor is planning to wed Angelina Jolie in Johannesburg. "It's all made up," the rep told Us Weekly.
    A tabloid reported this week that the couple would wed in South Africa in a simple and elegant ceremony with African music. Guests attending, according to the report, included Oprah Winfrey. "Oprah would not be invited to their wedding. They are not that close," a source close to the couple says.
    Pitt, 42, and Jolie, 31, have three children, six-month-old Shiloh Nouvel, Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 1. The couple is currently in New York to promote her new movie, The Good Shepherd; they have been together since early 2005.
    In the October issue of Esquire, Pitt said that he had no plan to marry Jolie until "everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."
  7. God can she be any more gorgeous. I can't stand it.
  8. ^^ LOL me too
  9. I am so sick of hearing about those 2.