Boy accused of killing toddler for crying

1. So sad words really do escape me with these sorts of crimes, you really have to wonder about the state of children's minds and their upbringing.,25197,23016815-12377,00.html

By staff writers | January 07, 2008

A 12-YEAR-old Florida boy beat a toddler to death with a baseball bat because she was crying while he was trying to watch TV, authorities say.
    The boy, who had not been named, was arrested yesterday and charged with first degree murder, Lauderhill police spokesman Lieutenant Mike Cochran said, according to the Associated Press.
    The boy appeared in court today and was remanded in custody.
    Lt Cochran said the boy told authorities he babysat the 17-month-old girl and 10-year-old girl alone last Friday. The relationship between the children was not revealed.
    The boy confessed to bashing the toddler when she started crying, Lt Cochran said.
    At some point, an adult called emergency services and the girl, Shaloh Joseph, was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
    The case is not the first in Florida where a boy so young has been charged over the death of a child.
    Lionel Tate was 12 when he beat and stomped to death a playmate half his age in 1999.
    At the time, Tate was the youngest person in modern US history to receive a life prison sentence.
    His attorneys initially said he accidentally killed six-year-old Tiffany Eunick while imitating wrestling moves.
    Tate was convicted of murder as an adult but the conviction was thrown out in 2004, and Tate pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.
  2. oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is so sad!!!
    what a punk.
  3. Where the hell were the parents??
  4. That makes me sick.
  5. I cannot imagine leaving a 12 year old boy to babysit two children, nor can I imagine a 12 year old boy with an anger-management problem big enough to cause him to do such a thing. How absolutely horrible.
  6. How sad! I really hope someone does the same thing to that little punk in prison!!!
  7. This little worthless piece of sh*t needs to be absolutely thrashed.

And him and his loser-ass parents (it's their fault, anyway!) should be put up UNDER the jail.

Kids like this absolutely disgust me.

8. I think it's a mix of horrible upbringing and trashy media. More so horrible upbringing though.

Poor little baby. I feel for her parents having lost a child in such a tragic and disturbing way. May she rest in peace.
  9. WTF?! this makes me sick :yuck:

I blame this on the parents.
  10. I do, also. Undoubtedly, the little boy saw his parent(s) acting this way towards the toddler and thought it was okay... :sad:
  11. This is absolutely unbelieveable!! What in goodness happened? why is he so violent? where are his parents?
  12. It's easy to say after the fact, but I wouldn't leave my kids with a 12 year old.

What a horrific death for that poor baby.
  13. This is horrible news :sad:
  14. This gave me nightmares last night after I saw it on cnn. I just can't begin to imagine how something like this could happen to a baby. How could something like that happen??
  15. Totally agree.