Boxing Helena

1. Anyone ever see this movie?

Its freaky but I love it. I dont know what made me think of it!

Selena

2. I watched it a long time ago. It was unusual.

3. I have always wanted to see this movie. My Aunt has seen it and thought is was so good. But, I have never caught it on TV.

4. I've never seen it so I checked imdb.com for a summary -

"An obsessed doctor captures a former girlfriend, and cuts off her arms and legs" And "A top surgeon is besotted with a beautiful woman who once ditched him. Unable to come to terms with life without her, he tries to convince her that they need each other. She has other ideas, but an horrific accident leaves her at his mercy. The plot is bizarre and perhaps sick at times, ending abruptly and with a twist."

Weird. I want to see!

5. Didn't this movie come out over ten years ago? I remember reading the film review on it at the time in one of the local papers. I decided not to watch it - I don't like films that are too weird. :weird:

6. "Boxing Helena" is a classic in my book. I am with you Selena; not sure why I liked it so much, but I did. Another goody is "Secretary" with James Spader and Maggie Gylenhold (sp).

7. I think I was in my last year of high school when it came out on VHS. 10 years ago.

i rented it a lot.

I loved twin Peaks too...

8. Has anyone seen Requiem for a Dream ?

I heard that was pretty twisted. I really want to see that.

9. Freaky movie that will hold your attention. It is based on the book; try to get your hands on it if you can. :blink:

10. Oh my goodness! I had a friend that said "Requiem for a Dream" was his FAVORITE movie, so he brought it over...it was so depressing!! It was a great eye-opener movie, but afterwards I just felt so down. :sad2:

11. I agree Requiem was definetely intense, but I felt awful after watching it.

12. Boxing Helena certainly was a different movie, but I did enjoy it.

Requiem was almost painful to watch, but a good movie nonetheless.

13. Boxing totally creeped me out!!

14. Becca
    HA we are movie twins! Secretary is another of my favorites!

Here are a few other weird but good ones:

The Company of Strangers Christopher Walken
    The Cook, The Thief and His Wife
    Two Moon Junction (Not weird but good)
    I cant think of anymore...I will check out my DVD collection later and post some more titles.

Selena