Box vs Chamonix

1. Can anyone tell me more about Chamonix? Any photos to share? All I know is that it's a matter version of Box and handles scratches better. Is it discontinued?

2. ^ I have both and I love both. Costa just got a "L" stamp 2008 chamonix bag, so it is available once again. My Dalvy is rouge H chamonix, while the constance is rouge H box. both pics are taken indoor without flash.

constance 1.JPG dalvy 3.JPG

3. *sigh* my SA told me that they're slowly phasing out chamonix for handbags and really only use the skin for leather accessories these days. what a shame too. it's a really lovely leather.

4. Your bags are gorgeous!!!! I can't quite tell the difference between Box and Chamonix though.

oh oh... I found a Rouge H Birkin in Chamonix on eBay, and it's beautiful!

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERMES-BIRKIN-ROUGE-H-CHAMONIX-WITH-GOLD-HW_W0QQitemZ180213864272QQihZ008QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5. LTC-A Dalvy AND a Constance, YUM!!

6. Thanks Nola and Evekitti! I wish my pics are better. The two leather are actually quite different in person. Here's another photo with flash. The box constance is a lot more shiny IRL.

chamonix box.JPG

7. Will Chamonix take on a patina like Box? Or does it stay matte always?

8. ^ it will take on patina over time and lose its matteness, but its patina is not as shiny as Box. I think Flossy's bag on eBay you have posted earlier does have some patina.

9. I don't have anything Box to put side-by-side for comparison, but here are some close up pics of Chamonix. Hope it helps. :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Whoa, Tricia, your Kelly is stunning!!!! I particularly love contrast stitching on sellier!

11. ^^ Thank you KG :smile:.

12. Tricia, That is one gorgeous Kelly!! Absolutely stunning! I'm curious to know, does your bag handle scratches well?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

13. Beautiful kelly, Tricia!

14. Another way to tell them apart is if you look closely at box, there is a fine lined grain that chamonix does not. You have to really look close to see it. It's also how you can tell veau miroir apart from veau box. Veau miroir doesn't have the lines but is just as shiny as box, if not shinier.

15. Tricia, what a wonderful bag!:love: Which size is it? Which colour is it? And is the leather sensitiv for scratches?
    Thanks for your answer!