box or no box?

I have to say that I've bought two bags and three accessories from the store in Boston and they all came with a box. Also, I got a lot of stuff from Eluxury too and all those things came with a box too.

If they said they didn't have one, I would have just said well give me anyone that will fit the bag.

i got my mini lin speedy today :yahoo: ... and i asked for a box, but my SA told me that its too big for a box so she said she will put it in a paper type bag instead :shrugs: so i got the paper bag and then the big lv shopping bag

Your not suppose to put your LV's in a box?:confused1:

NOPE! leather is skin.....you want your bag to breathe, not suffocate it. Otherwise, the collagen fibers (which holds the dead skin together) in the dermis layer of the leather will start breaking apart and ya....not good....as for the canvas, well I heard that it gets smelly and moldy, especially if you live in hot, humid places in Asia. If anyone has a SAUNA that they DO NOT USE, I'd suggest you guys to store your bags in there like me. The (cedar?)wood is special cuz it absorbs excess moisture and also it's dark in there (mine's in the basement) which prevents leather oxidation. If you go to museums, the ppl who take care of the leather items (eg shoes) are really careful with lighting, humidity, nitrogen and sulfuric acid levels in the air.

As for the box, JUST ASK! hehe I don't store my bags in the boxes, but I just like to have them! If you want it, then go get it!:biggrin:

when i made my first lv purchase this summer, i was on vacation in maui. i asked for a box & received one. i packed my box in the center of the suitcase & surrounded it with clothes. when i came home, the box was crushed (the purse was fine, though). i called the lv boutique in maui & asked them for another box--they sent me one Fed-Ex overnight (like it was a box emergency!!!). i was impressed with that! since then, i have purchased another bag (speedy)---no box! so, the next time i am around a lv boutique, i will bring my crushed box & receipt, ask for a new box in it's place...then i'll have a box for my speedy! all that & brains, too!!!

Speedy from store in NJ-- no box
Pochette from store in Bermuda -- no box
Epi Bucket PM from eluxury-- box
Credit Card holder from eluxury-- box

Of course all had dustcovers except the credit card holder. Prior to ordering from eluxury I called and they said for LV items they will always be shipped in an LV box and there is no need to select the gift box option.

When I bought my Alma from Holt Renfrew I only received a bag. When I bought my Manhattan GM (from the same store and SA) I received a huge box. I don't store my bags in the box but they are nice to have.

I always ask it to have it "boxed and wrapped" when I purchased any LV item. As a result, they are very and always accommodating..... If they say they don't have a box to fit that size, I always say give me the next size up. I love the boxes! They're are great for storage for anything!