Box calf for everyday?

I think a black Box Kelly worn casually with jeans is the way to go. It's the unexpected....and the unexpected is always chic, IMO.

(well.....unless you have bolts in your nose and tattoos on your forehead.....which would REALLY be unexpected........no offense to anyone here with forehead tattoos and bolts)

I recently bought a 28cm black box calf Kelly. I love her! I've decided that I would wear her on dressier occasions like going to the theatre and to dinner however I wonder if it's okay to take her out casually, like when I'm wearing jeans and a white shirt. I just don't want to look like I'm trying too hard. Do any of you who own H bags with calf leather use them everyday? Maybe it depends on the style of the bag???:s

Jeans, crisp white shirt, b/b Kelly = FABULOUS! Enjoy your bag!!!

I have two black box bags, which have been used in certain periods of my life as everyday bags. It is true that it shows scratches easily, but I had no problem with that, I loved the patina, and I also was very happy with the results when I had them refurbished (especially on scuffed corners which go white). For this reason my next bag is going to be raisin box, and I really plan to use it a lot.

Let me also add that I choose black box for all my small leather goods. I have an agenda that is now 10 years old, and believe me, I've seen nothing age like that.

Box is my favourite leather, but I'm a fan of non pebbled leathers after all.

Trama turgo, that is really interesting what you said about your agenda in box calf.
I am thinking of getting a Bearn wallet someday. I thought chevre would be the way to go, but after reading your post now I am thinking, maybe box calf? The only thing is I don't want a black wallet because I want something I can find easily in my bag. Do you think box calf in another color (not too light) would work well for a wallet?

when i see box irl, i think it is so gorgeous and delicate, so i shy away...the "worn" look isn't for me, but it does look fabulous when worn casually! i know i am too picky though...i would have to watch my every move.

i LOOOVE smaller kelly's in box for dressier looks...box is simply tdf.

Trama turgo, that is really interesting what you said about your agenda in box calf.
I am thinking of getting a Bearn wallet someday. I thought chevre would be the way to go, but after reading your post now I am thinking, maybe box calf? The only thing is I don't want a black wallet because I want something I can find easily in my bag. Do you think box calf in another color (not too light) would work well for a wallet?

Of course it would work well in a bright color, the only problem is that H actually only produces box leather items in dark colors: black, indigo,dark, green, chocolate, graphite, raisin, and one khaki/brownish color that's toundra.

Thank you trauma turgo. I'll see which color calls my name.
I once saw a dark green box Kelly (on ebay I think) and it was really beautiful. Not sure how it would look in real life.

Thank you trauma turgo. I'll see which color calls my name.
I once saw a dark green box Kelly (on ebay I think) and it was really beautiful. Not sure how it would look in real life.
]\

I have seen the hunter green in a vintage store. Lovely, lovey if you like that color (which I do). Very classy and sort of unexpected. Green is much more popular in Europe than in the US I think.