Boutique, Schmootique! Mama Wants it IN PRINT!

1. I'm going insane trying to figure out all the different bags and wallets that Chanel has without quitting my job, buying a plane ticket and heading to Paris to the Chanel Boutique. How awful THAT would be, aye? :devil:

Does Chanel have a catalog that we can order/ask for/buy? It's a pain in la tushie to have to piece together pics of the full collection of bags. I'd be willing to PAY for one if that's what it takes to get a catalog. :graucho:

2. I'm with you on this one. Anyone have a suggestion?

3. I don't think theres a catalog you can purchase. I'm very close with my SA and we have discussed this many times. She also wishes there was a catalog for Chanel like there is for LV.

I just get the catalog mailings from Chanel that they send out from time to time, and of course it does not show much of what's available.

I think Chanel does this on purpose, to make it an effort on our part.......and even though it sucks, it works.

4. As far as I know, no comprehensive catalogue is available to customers--just the season-to-season "lookbooks" that the SAs have. I think that Chanel purposely limits the info. that's available to maintain its "mystique."

Honestly, I've been into Chanel for a long time, and I think that the single-best source of info. is this subforum here on tPF.

5. Oh I don't mean to minimize tPF info AT ALL!! Obviously the wealth of info here is mind boggling.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but it's so tedious to look up things in all the Chanel subforums, especially with the thumbnails disabled. :crybaby:

6. ^^^You know, I've seen those "catalogues" offered on eBay from time to time, and I've always wondered if they're legit. I kinda doubt it, but I'm not sure. :shrugs:

And yes, I certainly understand what you mean about tPF; didn't mean to suggest you were "dissing" us! :p It can be tedious to comb through lots of threads and click on lots of old pictures, and you never really know what's still currently available, what has been discontinued, what other colors are offered, etc.

7. ^^^I wouldn't want one off eBay by any stretch, but from Chanel? Oh yeah! :woohoo:

8. the thing is, they release SO many new collections every season, they'd have to constantly change their marketing.
    The only paraphernelia I get is each collections little brochure/lookbook each season.

9. I Have Been Following Chanel (More Like Buying!)...Most Of My Life & I Still Miss Tons.

***I Think It's Because I Am Not Down The Street From A Boutique (I Have Neiman's). Going In Looking At Each & Every Style....Is Wonderful.

10. I was wondering the same thing - appreciate the thoughts here.

11. it's too bad b/c everytime i visit Saks chanel there only like 3 styles of wallets. and it would be great to see more of what they have with pricesand where they may be located! hehe

12. ^sweet_pees ~ exactly what I mean!!!

***BTW ~ Your Kitties Are Sooooooo Cute!!!

13. does anyone on the Chanel forum speak french? If so, call Chanel in paris and I shall pay for the long distance call!:jammin:
    would love to have catalogues available!!

14. I used to but it's been so long since I used it and I'm SO rusty that I'd end up asking for a fuschia and green cow or something equally embarrassing!:roflmfao: