Bought my first BV!!!

SoCo

Oct 28, 2007
Ladies,

Thanks so much for all your advice yesterday on the black v. red large Veneta question. In the end, economics made my decision for me. We had a 20% off coupon for Saks, which only had the black. Neiman Marcus had the red, but couldn't give us a discount. I agree that the red was gorgeous (a "perfect red" as one poster called it), but the savings on the black were too great to pass up. We also did something we never do: sign up for store credit for the 10% discount. It's usually so not worth it, but an extra 10% off of $1850 is really a chunk of money. In the end, we got the large black Veneta for $518 off.

Now, for the bad news . . . . I can't have it until Christmas!!! How am I going to wait until then??? At least I'll have something to look forward to. ;)

cools! congrats!
i can understand the feeling of waiting.....and waiting......and waiting......
meanwhile, just gotta bear with it and drool over the bvs that the rest of the ladies here have!!

Congratulations and welcome to the club..... we warned you, so this will definitely not be the first and last of us hearing of you owning a BV bag!

Despite all the warnings, which sounds so negative, I have to tell you that you will love your BV .... the wait till Christmas would be worth it when you hug and stroke the gorgeous leather.

A black Veneta - yes, it's a good bag to own for a first BV. You've made a wise choice.

Regardless of which colour, the Veneta is a fab choice. So well done, and what great discounts too. Congrats! The wait till Christmas would be absolutely worth it. ;)

^ITA! The Veneta is ridiculously comfortable!
Congrats on the bag. You really can't go wrong with a black bag!

BTW, I totally feel your pain! I am about to buy a bag that I can't have until xmas, either. We will have to find ways to sneak them out beforehand!

Nice going with the discount!! Yes the Saks card is totally worth the extra 10% discount on that bag. NOW...for the wait until Christmas...I could never do it, just not patient enough! Enjoy your first BV (but certainly not your last)!!

Congratulations SoCo, and welcome to the wonderful (and addictive) world of BV.:flowers:

You did very well on the choosing your first one and what a great discount too!!!

I'm gonna join you waiting for this until Christmas...can't wait to see your lovely BV and action shots too!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congrats!!! You're a smart shopper; the black will be beautiful, but I understand about the lure of red.

December will be here before you know it. I'm so happy for you!:yahoo: