Bought a real Kooba - also have fake to compare.

1. Greetings all,
    I have been merely a watcher on this forum, up until know. Just lurking trying to get info on purchasing a great purse - thanks by they way for all the expertise on the boards.

I decided to purchase a new purse for spring/summer and pack my beloved Tods away until next winter (it's black). After much research I decided I must have a Kooba Sienna. I convinced my-self that the bag I purchased on eBay for $300 was real. When I got it it smelled wonderful, like great quality leather. I believed it was real, but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought "what if?" After a few weeks of enjoying my purse, I noticed that one of the studs that hold on part of the stap was missing. I contacted the seller and told her I realize she is not required to do anything as the transaction was completed weeks ago, but I thought the right thing for her to do would be to offer a refund, considering the expense of the purse and supposed high quality of Kooba. (hey, it was worth a try!) Do you know...she did! She was very nice and apologetic. Then as I was packing the purse up to ship back I noticed another one was missing. I can't imagine a quality handbag such as a Kooba would be falling apart so quickly.

So I did the right thing and just ordered the purse from the Kooba website. Paid extra to get it here quickly, which means tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyway, I will hang on to the other purse as now I have the ability to actually compare fake with real side-by-side.

If anyone is interetsed in any obvious discrepencies and ways to tell a fake Kooba form a real one, I'll be happy to post them here. It's not very often one has a real and a fake in her possession.

2. Hmm, I'm curious, how do you tell? I think some people have said the difference is in the color of the lining, and the fact that your other Kooba fell apart so quickly.

3. You know... it never ceases to amaze me how many fakes there are out there. Atleast it sounds like you bought it from a good person... and that's why she gave you a refund... I'm glad that it ended well...

Post pics if you have any, I am definitely curious about the fake kooba.

4. Good for you for contacting the seller again and good for her for acknowledging your request.

5. Yes please post pics side by side so we can see the differences.

6. Sometimes authentic bags have problems as well (ie. Stam, Paddington, ..). It's unbelievable how high-end designer bags would have quality issues, but they are not unheard of.

Good luck with your new Sienna. =)
    A NM SA told me that Kooba has good warranty -- Kooba sent her client a brand new replacement for a bag that fell apart.

7. I would love to see pics as well.