Bought a "carried a few times" chanel and received a used and slightly damaged one!

PekeLuva

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Hi all, earlier this month i won this chanel caviar flap http://www.bonanza.com/booths/ilovepurses/items/30712968 frok bonanza for $2500. Since it was such a big purchase for me, i took a few days to pay amd the seller was nice enough to take $100 off if i can pay immediately cause she needs money so i went ahead and paid. Today i received the bag but its not in "carried a few times" condition. The interior is extremely dirty which is fine with me cause i can clean it and she did show a photo of the inside on her listing. But thats not the only thing, i found white powder dust in between the inside flap and the back of the bag. Theres An indentation on the inside flap which i believe the result of the zipper being on top of it when the flap is closed. I also found a small pen mark on the inside flap and the thing that turns me off the most is the two small stitches right below the strap loops are missing. None of which was disclosed because had i known it wasnt such good condition as the seller made it seem, i would no have bought the bag. I will post photos of the damages once i get home. What do you all think i should do in this case. I dont want to be unfair to the seller as shes been sweet enough to knock $100 off the original price but at the same time $2400 for a damaged bag.

Hi all, earlier this month i won this chanel caviar flap http://www.bonanza.com/booths/ilovepurses/items/30712968 frok bonanza for $2500. Since it was such a big purchase for me, i took a few days to pay amd the seller was nice enough to take $100 off if i can pay immediately cause she needs money so i went ahead and paid. Today i received the bag but its not in "carried a few times" condition. The interior is extremely dirty which is fine with me cause i can clean it and she did show a photo of the inside on her listing. But thats not the only thing, i found white powder dust in between the inside flap and the back of the bag. Theres An indentation on the inside flap which i believe the result of the zipper being on top of it when the flap is closed. I also found a small pen mark on the inside flap and the thing that turns me off the most is the two small stitches right below the strap loops are missing. None of which was disclosed because had i known it wasnt such good condition as the seller made it seem, i would no have bought the bag. I will post photos of the damages once i get home. What do you all think i should do in this case. I dont want to be unfair to the seller as shes been sweet enough to knock $100 off the original price but at the same time $2400 for a damaged bag.

Sorry Op but can you email photos of the bag you received?
Maybe you can ask her for a part refund IF you would be happy to keep the bag or do you want to return the bag and get a full refund?
Ask the seller what you would prefer and see what she says.
Good luck.

Unoma, thank you very much for your input. I already emailed the seller. Prior to purchasing the bag, i asked her a few times if theres any imperfection or flaws i should be aware of and her response was only the lightly scuffed corners. I was very excited about this bag and wish i could love it.

$2400 IS ALOT OF MONEY, and if you spend that kind of money you should not feel like you have to "settle" for what you got (if the item was more damaged than stated). If the item is not as described and you know you will not carry it, file a claim with paypal/bonanza. In the listing the seller only mentioned corner wear and interior wear. She also said that interior is not damaged. So if you feel as if the interior is damaged and the bag has more than just corner wear you have the right to file a claim. I would message the seller through bonanza first and voice your concerns. If you do still want to keep the bag maybe she will give you a partial refund (most sellers don't like to do this), if not hopefully she will offer a full return. If she says she will not return then you should file a claim.

Good luck, it is always risky buying things online. If you are making a high ticket purchase it is always good to ask for numerous pics of the bag from various angles. The pictures she provided were not enough to accurately describe the bag so more pictures would have been needed. Also her description was vague so it is always good to ask a lot of questions. Hopefully you can get a refund especially since you said you asked her about wear and she only mentioned corner scuffing. Again hope everything works out!

I certainly wouldn't accept a bag in that condition, for anywhere near that price.

There again, I don't really understand Chanel prices!

If you still want to keep it, you need to work out what would be the current fair market value, on Bonanza, for a bag of this type, in this one's actual condition and then ask the seller for a partial refund.

The seller may not want to provide one, but if not, she needs to offer a full refund, including original shipping fee, on return of the bag in as received condition.

If she won't do that, file a dispute.

in the bonanza listing it already looks icky...like the serial tag inside is all dirty...like powdered foundation spilled inside. if i were gonna drop that much $$ on a bag i would want it to be in better condition than that. it just looks like the original owner wasn't picky about her stuff...my best friend just got a marc jacobs bag online that was literally saturated with pen ink inside and the seller was totally rude about it...if you're gonna sell something pricy you should be crystal clear on the condition...it seems like the seller of the chanel just wanted the money and neglected to leave the facts out hoping the buyer would be happy...but even just seeing the pictures on the listing turns me off...i can only imagine what the rest of it is like...:sad: i hope you get your money back.

I paid using google checkout. i think id rather return this bag for a refund. I cant live with the damages. If she continues to ignore me, i will let me cc handle this. If my buyer voices their complaint on something i sold i would immediately act on it instead of ignoring it like this

I paid using google checkout. i think id rather return this bag for a refund. I cant live with the damages. If she continues to ignore me, i will let me cc handle this. If my buyer voices their complaint on something i sold i would immediately act on it instead of ignoring it like this

if she continues to ignore your e-mails, just contact your cc

and do a chargeback... she's probably not responding as she knows she

is in the wrong...

Do you think it was sweet of her not to disclose those pen marks, missing stitches, etc...? ask if you can return it, otherwise file a SNAD.