Bottom failing out on Bals?

It might be more indicative of the economy rather than the brand losing it's value/desirability.

Marshalls, The Rack and other similar retailers, usually obtain the leftover stock. They get the unsold items at a discount right as the next seasons stock is coming in..
It's possible there's just more unsold items since the economy worldwide has been so poor for several consecutive years. :shrugs:

Also the color choices in the last few years have been,,,, well,,,, just not as exciting as they were in past seasons..
It might just be me but the colors have left me wanting more.. The Newer ME bags generated some additional interest but the colors were still not what I had hoped.. Perhaps others were also less than thrilled with the most recent colors.

It's a theory anyway. :P

ETA: In thinking about this further, it makes sense it's the economy since it's cross brand.. Celine & Bal are very different and if both are waning it seems plausible. Handing over $2000. for a handbag right now might be very difficult for many people that could easily afford it in years passed.

It might be more indicative of the economy rather than the brand losing it's value/desirability.

Marshalls, The Rack and other similar retailers, usually obtain the leftover stock. They get the unsold items at a discount right as the next seasons stock is coming in..
It's possible there's just more unsold items since the economy worldwide has been so poor for several consecutive years. :shrugs:

Also the color choices in the last few years have been,,,, well,,,, just not as exciting as they were in past seasons..
It might just be me but the colors have left me wanting more.. The Newer ME bags generated some additional interest but the colors were still not what I had hoped.. Perhaps others were also less than thrilled with the most recent colors.

It's a theory anyway. :P

ETA: In thinking about this further, it makes sense it's the economy since it's cross brand.. Celine & Bal are very different and if both are waning it seems plausible. Handing over $2000. for a handbag right now might be very difficult for many people that could easily afford it in years passed.
TRUTH! Plus the fact that Bal moto's have been in production en masse since what? 2004-2005. That's allot of inventory available on the resale market while newer more expensive inventory is vying for the same customer.