Botkier Black Rose Satchel

1. I've been eyeing the Botkier Black Rose Satchel but I was thinking that it may look dated in a couple years. Do you think it's too trendy?
  2. Who cares about trendy!? Go for what you want! ;) Personally, I just want the black rose hobo for the actual rose haha so i might only get the wristlet so I can attach it to other plain bags. i think its BEAUTIFUL.
  3. [​IMG]

I think it's gorgeous! Megs posted comments about it on her blog in June. You can do a search to read more about it.
  4. This bag is a strange one. Some people love it and some hate it. I had it but decided to sell it. I had the Hobo version. I loved the bag but mostly people commented on the Rose wristlet and how odd it ugly it was...that thing is weird....The bag would look good without it....or...What is that thing hanging off it? LOLOL And the wristlet is really too small to be useful. It would hold a few coins or a key, not much else. But the color was amazing (I had the metallic plum). Get the bag if you love it. You can always take the Rose off.
  5. I saw it in Nordies about a week back and the most interesting thing about it IS the wristlet. I say, get it if you LOVE the bag without the wristlet. That way you essentially have two styles.
  6. I lusted after this bag until I got it. I was very disappointed with the feel of the leather. (See my other thread.) It's definitely a unique looking bag and there's some touches that are wonderful, but I just felt the leather felt too fake for the price I had to pay.
  7. I think the bag will look fashionable for a long time, especially if you take the rose off. The bag itself is pretty simple and simply pretty! :p
  8. Thanks everyone for your help. I was so stuck with this one and couldn't make a decision.

Ultimately it doesn't sound like it's worth it to pay $600 when it looks best/not dated without the rose, because that's the part that makes it "special". Without the rose it just seems plain to me, and I could get a plain leather bag from Coach and save a few hundred dollars.
  9. I think it is a very unique bag but if you are looking for something timeless, I don't think this is it. Botkier has some other beautiful bags that I think will look wonderful years later.
  10. I agree. Nice bag but not timeless. I love Botkier bags and have several. This one just wasn't for me in the long term.