1. Hello! I've been reading the board for awhile now, and thought I'd finally jump in with my first post! I'm moving to Boston in August for law school, and I'm looking for advice about the city - shopping, restaurants, nightlife, or anything else, really!

I'll be living in Brighton, right on the T line, so getting into the city isn't a problem at all. I took my first trip ever to Boston this past weekend and LOVED it, but any recommendations from people "in the know" would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!
  2. i went to boston university and i must say that i LOVE boston. for the categories you listed....

- newbury st. (start at the hynes convention center t-stop): a long street full of all kinds of boutiques and restaurants. near the end of the street you have the high end boutiques like chanel, burberry, armani, etc.
    - copley and the prudential: nice small malls with boutiques and shops
    - wrentham outlets: outside of boston. amazing outlet mall with a coach, juicy, lacoste outlet amongst many others.

- legal seafood: great seafood. they have many locations all over boston.
    - newbury st.: lots of restaurants on this street. most of them are pretty pricey.
    - fanueil hall: food court with LOTS of different kinds of cuisine.

- lansdowne st. has a few night clubs.
    - jillian's: its at the end of lansdowne st. lots of fun.
  3. Thank you so much! I looooved Newbury Street when I visited (and was incredibly jealous of my cousin's apartment just a block or so away from it all!) and I've heard so much about Legal Seafood from several people that I can't wait to try it!

Those outlets also sound fabulous...thanks again!!
  4. I'm a Boston girl....feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  5. Welcome to Boston! I am also from the area!

Brighton/Allston is a GREAT area for nightlife! Lots of places to go to such as the Kells, Whitehorse Tavern, Big City, Sunset bar, there are TONS more!

I also agree with the places Caley listed.

Harvard Square also has some eccentric shopping places and great restaurants and is a little more low-key but vivid nightlife. Down the street is Central Sq in Cambridge- has some hidden gem restaurants. Another shopping mall is Cambridgeside Galleria.

And you cannot miss the North End just down the street from Faneuil Hall for incredible Italian dining.

Go to that link at citysearch- it gives info on lots of clubs and other places.

Again, welcome! PM me if you have any questions.
  6. By the way, the good restaurants in Central Sq are Central Kitchen, the Middle East Restaurant/ZuZu, several Indian restaurants that are really good, and Rendezvous which is a (pricey) but good French place. Central Sq. is not exactly easy on the eyes, but it has lots to offer. ;) It's right near MIT.