Boston

Boston is fun city. I grew up there and also went to school/college there. You really don't need a car there unless you want to leave the city and explore the many suburbs, malls etc. Quincy Market and Fanueil Hall are pretty fun to explore and very touristy. Lots of nice eateries there.

I second Newbury street for shopping and Copley Plaza( bit on the expensive side though) It's been years since I have gone but always had a blast over at the aquarium:biggrin:

Enjoy your time up there but bring a coat as it's pretty chillly there in April. I am going back home in June when it's warmer.

You must get Italian sandwiches from "Tutto Italiano" on Fleet st (North End). I often went there with my out of town visitors when I lived in Boston. It is a very small Italian Grocer that has some food they make too. They make their own mozzarella that is the best I ever had (he let me and my friends watch him make some too). My favorite sandwich there had mozz, proscuitto, and fresh basil. Meatball sub was pretty amazing too. Not expensive and if the weather is nice you can eat on picnic tables down the street by the water.

I don't know how the pricing runs, but I would check out prices for the Westin Copley Place. It's in the heart of Back Bay... very luxurious area, great shopping as mentioned on Newbury St., convenient subway locations should you take public transportation, lots of restaurants, etc.

What I did was PM anyone in the thread or do a search for the last Boston meet and PM all those people to see if they are interested (I just copied/pasted a note). Throw out a couple dates and time frames in the thread, and see what works for the majority. Plan other details like specific time and place via Private Message to keep that confidential for safety reasons.

I also sent out occasional reminders when it got closer to the date, and had people send me PMs to confirm they were attending. People should also post in the thread if they are coming or would like to come so everyone can get an idea of who is going.

PM me if you have any questions.

I just don't have the energy to run it this time, so hopefully you will have better luck than I did! :smile: The last one was quite fun, though, and I'd love to attend another.

This thread also says "fall" so feel free to start a new thread for "winter." :smile:

It would probably be worth your $$ to stay somewhere closer in the city....cabs can get expensive, and you would rather spend your $$ elsewhere like sight-seeing and enjoying the food or baseball games. I highly reccommend the Duck Tour (I know, I know, I'm lame, but I still love it). I lived in Back Bay, so definitely check out Newbury and Fanuiel and the Pru/Copley Square.

If you stay in the city, there's no need to take a cab (save for late nights). There are plenty of T stops everywhere.

just received a mail from nm about their fashion event on mar 4th. would be fun to have tpf girls get together, mingle and shop. anyone in?

if weekday is too busy and short, we can also do a weekend gathering. get out of the winter hibernation and show off ur holiday purchases! i am thinking sometime during mar. cant wait to see everyone, it's been yrs!