Boots - Good Styles/Brands for Small Calves?

i second the jimmy choo comment. they make boots with the skinniest calves. looks great on the models on their website though. not sure if this is true for this season though, but 2 seasons ago they were especially slender.

Manolo makes stretch boots and Jimmy Choo is supposed to come out with them as well. I have always found Prada and Ferragamo to be very narrow. I have to tell you that what you should do is buy them at the boutique and ask them where to go to get them taken it and do that. In NYC most of the boutiques send you to shoe service on 55th btw. 5th & 6th and they do a GREAT job. They do all of my soles and fix buckles and heels and all of that good stuff!!

randr21 said:
i second the jimmy choo comment. they make boots with the skinniest calves. looks great on the models on their website though. not sure if this is true for this season though, but 2 seasons ago they were especially slender.

They aren't anymore b/c people were complaining... the boutique used to stretch them a bit for me and now they are fine without stretching... they are making them a little bigger.... they used to be soooooo narrow!!

I have the exact problem . As far as zip-up boots , I have yet to find a pair that have fit my calves except for vintage boots ( because women used to be thinner ) .

As others have suggested stretch boots are great for this problem . So are lace up boots . I got a pair of Marc Jacobs last fall that are almost perfect when tightened all the way up .

i tuck my jeans under my boots so i'm happy that they are bit loose, or else i won't fit in any becuase i too got skinny calfs. :sad: but i had a pair i brought at aldo that fitted okay, but again those are stretchy too :sad:

sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, but I'm having trouble finding boots that fit my chicken legs. I found a pair last year by Charles David that fit the calves, but the ankles scrunch up and I think it looks weird. I looked at some of Charles' boots this year, and it seems like they went wider. Last year, when I talked to the SA, she told me that she had a lo of complaints that they were too skinny, so I'm guessing that's why they went wider.

When I went to the mall to search for boots, a few SA's told me that they have wider boots but not smaller. Which made me think that I'm the only one with this issue, but thankfully I'm not.

I noticed that some of the measurements on websites are not true. I ordered a few pairs from nordstroms because it said that they were 13" (I'm 12.5"), but when I got them, I had more than an inch of room. I'm curious to try some of the SW and Duo boots though.

Oh gosh - I just posted in a separate thread about the SUPER NARROW Jimmy Choos I ordered - I've decided to keep them, but I'm never buying JC boots again! They're very snug, and I'm quite slender and never had this problem before.