Boots, and what to wear with them

1. I'm curious about this season's boot trend and how to work outfits around them.

1) In your opinion, are dark brown boots more fashionable-looking than black ones? Can you wear an all-black outfit with dark brown boots?

2) Will straight-leg jeans be narrow enough to tuck inside mid-calf and/or knee-length boots? (I'm trying to avoid the skinny jeans thing if I can)

3) Which is the more versatile boot type: mid-calf or knee-length?

4) Besides jeans, what pant styles work with mid-calf and knee-length boots?

Feel free to describe your favorite boot-paired outfits, as well as share your fave boot styles/brands! Thanks so much!!! Your style savvy input will help me decide what type of boots to splurge on! :smile:

2. 1) In your opinion, are dark brown boots more fashionable-looking than black ones? Can you wear an all-black outfit with dark brown boots? IMO, I'd still pick a pair of black boots over a dark brown pair. I wouldn't match a all black with dark brown boots, but I can see myself wearing a brown dress and black boots.

2) Will straight-leg jeans be narrow enough to tuck inside mid-calf and/or knee-length boots? (I'm trying to avoid the skinny jeans thing if I can) I tuck my boot cut jeans into my mid-calf boots, and get away with it :p. Unfortch, I don't have skinny jeans - prolly the only thing that will be able to fit into my knee-lengths cos I got lucky in finding a pair that would fit me snugly (skinny calves :yucky: )

3) Which is the more versatile boot type: mid-calf or knee-length? I have both, and I find my mid-calf more versatile. I can wear it dressed up or casually. Especially with skirts, I think you can get away with shorter lengths when wearing mid-calf vs knee lengths. That said, I prefer my knee lengths for work cos it looks so smart.

4) Besides jeans, what pant styles work with mid-calf and knee-length boots? No clue, cos I only own 2 pairs of jeans, and live in skirts and dresses!

Hope I helped in a teeny way! :smile:

3. I have two pair of Frye boots, the villager style (I brought two pairs just in case!) and the (I can't remember the name) other is brown, its biker boy with cowboy twist.
    I also have a pair of black lace up boots which I brought in Oasis in Covent Garden, London.

All of therm are knee length as any shorter would make my legs look stumpy.

I wear them with mini skirts, baby doll dresses under jeans, jeans tucked into them or simply under jeans.

Love them to bits and get compliments on them all the time.

4. Yes. I (like many other Europeans, particularly the French) do, all the time.

Depends on the weight of the denim and the boots' and your respective calf measurements. If the boots have a generous calf measurement and you have small calves - you should be fine.

I often have problems, because I have small feet for my height (I'm 5'8" and only a UK 4.5); this means that boots are often too short and narrow in the calf (even though I have fairly slim calves). I end up with a calf shaped bump just above my ankle and the top cutting into the top of my actual calf! :sad:

Please be aware that you will get a knickerbocker effect with straight leg jeans, though (which can look really good, but may not be the look you want).

I'd say either can be versatile, it really depends on which suits you best.

Virtually any trouser/pant style (skinny leg, straight leg, leggings, wide leg, boot cut and flares) can work with knee-length and mid-calf boots. The skinny leg, straight leg and leggings would be obviously be worn inside the boot and the wide leg, boot cuts and flares, outside.

However, most of this season's boots have been designed to work with skinny legs/leggings, or tights and a skirt. So that's what they'll look best with.

5. 1) In your opinion, are dark brown boots more fashionable-looking than black ones? Can you wear an all-black outfit with dark brown boots?I'd go for the black boot, I think they are more versatile. but brown boots are great, If i could id get a brown and black pair! but if you can make a pair of brown boot work with a black outfit, go for it!

2) Will straight-leg jeans be narrow enough to tuck inside mid-calf and/or knee-length boots? (I'm trying to avoid the skinny jeans thing if I can)
    i wear skinnies with my boots but I've tried to wear straight legs and boot cuts tucked in and they still work unless your boots are really tight, but for the most you can do it!

i think you could go either way! maybe midcalf are more comfy but knee are much hotter! and they elongate your legs!

def skirts and dresses!

6. I'm curious about this season's boot trend and how to work outfits around them.

1) In your opinion, are dark brown boots more fashionable-looking than black ones? Can you wear an all-black outfit with dark brown boots?
    brown boots, i think black boots are making too much statement, brown is more subtle

hmm.. that depends on the kind of boots. i suggest you e\wear the kind of pants you would like to wear with the boots when searching for the right boots. but i myself personally wear my skinny jeans over the boots so it won't be too bulky

i love the mid-calf

anything straight and fit

7. what about over the knee boots?

8. 1) In your opinion, are dark brown boots more fashionable-looking than black ones? Can you wear an all-black outfit with dark brown boots?

No. Black will always be the most fashionable imo.

Depends on the boots. Most boots - yes, but if we're talking about Louboutin's boots, definitely no. Most people can't even zip up CL's knee high boots in their bare skin.

Mid-calf is more casual, so probably more versatile.

Leggings, jeggings, tights, skinny trousers will all work well :yes:

5) Feel free to describe your favorite boot-paired outfits, as well as share your fave boot styles/brands! Thanks so much!!! Your style savvy input will help me decide what type of boots to splurge on! :smile:

Depends on my mood of the day lol. If I'm feeling very casual, I love to wear my motorcycle boots or some wedge booties with leggings/jeggings/tights and my RO jacket.
    I do like to get more dressy too sometimes. So then I prefer my CL knee high boots or some sky-high platform booties with tights and a skirt or dress. I like to add a long coat to this ensemble.