Books.....

1. Next week I'll be making my annual migration to warmer climes until April. I spend a lot of time working online during those months, but my shopping during this period is very limited, so I tend to pass my time on catching up with reading and sporty things. I thought I'd add some Hermes specific (or even somewhat related) books to the list this year.

Recommendations anyone?

2. Wicked, and Son of a Witch. They're great reads and very well written!

3. Her books don't have anything to do with Hermes, but I absolutely love any book by Jodi Picoult, most of her books are set in the United States (I see you are located in Europe) but she writes about universal themes such as love, loss, and family. My girlfriends and I are always reading and discussing her books.

4. Well - you will find H refs in 'Elegance' by Genevieve Antoine Dariaux (check spelling - could be 2 Rs), this book is written by a Parisian authority on elegance (did you know, for instance, that crocodile and other reptiles should be worn only until 5pm?) - this book is much quoted in a novel of the same name by an American author, Kathleen Tessaro.

5. Deluxe-how luxury lost it´s luster by Dana Thomas, Entre Nous by Debra Ollivier

6. Nola: that's already in my Amazon shopping cart! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the other suggestions everyone! Keep them coming. :yes:

7. Well it depends on what you like to read? One book that I find hilarious (sp) is Outwitting History by Aaron Lansky.

8. _bella_, I must say I loved your super-picture of your new acquisitions and those acquisitions themselves very much! That's the way to treat yourself with the H. And Lindy, Lindy sounds divine.
    Now the reading. I would strongly remommend this novel I absolutely love "The wind-up bird chronicle" by Haruki Murakami.

9. I thought you were talking to me. :lol::p

10. well, there is always LE DIVORCE by Diane Johnson. I found it a bore personally but the H mentions were fun. And I always loved this line from it. Paraphrasing here

"He was faithful to Hermes as he never was to any of his mistresses or his wife."