Book recommendations

If you haven't read the time travelers wife, run to your local bookstore and get it. It is one of the most beautiful love stories written but it's not like any other. I think it is possilbly one of my top 5 books ever read.

I am re-reading the Corrections right now. I would not say it is a light read, but very, very smart and funny. I can't get through a paragraph without smiling. I am also reading "Marley & Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog", or something like that. If you have a dog, it is very cute and light, until the end. :sad:

What the Dogs Have Taught Me: And Other Amazing Things I've Learned By: Merrill Markoe the first paragraph made me laugh out loud.

Hypocrite In a Pouffy White Dress is Funny and easy to read.

I just finished memoir by Cupcake Brown. This book was HEAVY, I was hooked from the beginning to end. I read like crazy, and quite fast as well.it took me almost 2 weeks to finish this as I had to walk away a few times as it really upset me in parts, but I was so touched I had to go back to it!..Im a big chick lit fan. This was not up my alley at all. It was truly wonderful. VERY sad, depressing, insightful, inspiring...I actually wrote her an email 5 minutes after reading it ( I never do that!) She respnded as well with a lovely response! Check it out!

*JJ* said:
i think there was a similiar thread, but i can't find it.

anyways, i am dying to read a really good book again but i can't find anything interesting that i haven't read yet.
i'm looking for something light, i've read too many sad books :amuse:
i want something hilariously funny or a nice romance.
actually, as long as it's good i'll read it.
any recommendations?
which book(s) did you love? which one couldn't you put down?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was going to suggested The Time Travelers Wife by Audry Niffennger (sp?) but it does have a sad ending.
Most interesting thing I've read lately though.

the chef, the lady, and the courtesan; by marisol
(my recent favorite, couldn't put down, has really good venezuelan recipes too)
(if anyone wants to know about the recipes, you can ask me!)

the devil wears prada; by lauren weisberger
everyone worth knowing; by lauren weisberger
if andy warhol had a girlfriend; by alison pace
(these three are similar)

anything by tom robbins
(smart and funny)

Yeah...I was amazed. It just once again confirmed the admiration I felt after finishing her book! It was cool...I saved it!! lol (the email...I had to loan out the book immediatly!!!)

I second Bel Canto, Life of Pi, The Corrections, Wicked, and Time Travelers Wife. I also couldn't put down Prep, Empire Falls, or Shadows of the Wind.