Book recommendations

1. i think there was a similiar thread, but i can't find it.

anyways, i am dying to read a really good book again but i can't find anything interesting that i haven't read yet.
    i'm looking for something light, i've read too many sad books :amuse:
    i want something hilariously funny or a nice romance.
    actually, as long as it's good i'll read it.
    any recommendations?
    which book(s) did you love? which one couldn't you put down?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. I loved Bergdorf Blondes! Also anything by Candace Bushnell (of Sex & The City Fame)
  3. Bel Canto..Ann's very well written and lyrical
  4. Harry Potter !!! :shame: or Fashion Show by James Brady.

littlestarsfan likes this.
  5. I second Bergdorf Blondes. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella) series yet - those are light easy reads. I also loved Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger), The Second Assistant (Clare Naylor), Boy Meets Girl (Meg Cabot), The Boy Next Door (Meg Cabot), and quite a bit of Jane Green's books.. all very easy chick-lit. :biggrin:
  6. The Devil Wears Prada. This book was a whole lot of fun. :biggrin:
  7. I thought The Nanny Diaries was an easy read and I liked that one very much.

Summer Sisters by Judy Blume is one of my all time favorites.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is made for preteen/teen girls but it is a very easy and heartwarming read (a series of three books) and probably some of my favorites.

Currently (for the first time in a long time) I am reading a book. It is called the Ivy Chronicles and is compared to The Nanny Diaries and so far I really like that one too!
  8. The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich are just hilarious. She's becoming a man hunter by accident who despises guns and is very clums. They are great.
  9. lol, I just thought that was so cute you recommended HP! I have no choice but to second that recommendation :p
  10. i LOVE the shopaholic series. I promise that you'll get a chuckle from one (if not all) of the books and if not, I'll pay for the book =)
    *JJ* likes this.
  11. Not a romance exactly, and definitely not funny, but Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth is an amazing read. I've read it about a billion times and I never tire of the story. The heroine is just a really fantastic character, it's absolutely engrossing!
    *JJ* likes this.
  12. Another vote here for The Devil wears Prada (unless of course you've already read it). I also recommend Vince and Joy by Lisa Jewell which is a really good easy read.
  13. thanks you guys!!
  14. I love Mary Kay Andrews' books. As others have mentioned, the Shopaholic books are great too.
  15. I'm reading wicked right now! Love it. The life and times of the wicked witch of the west! very good.