Boo to Auction Tamer

1. :cursing: Aaargh - I am so mad right now. I was bidding on an LV mono clea on eBay - but the listing was ending in the wee hours of the morn when I was sleeping - so I used Auction Tamer and set my final bid to $105.
    Well I went to check it this morning and it sold for $91.
    WTF????
    I'll have to contact auction tamer (bid sniper I think) and tear a strip off someone. But first I wanted to vent.
    Lesson is - if you really want something on eBay - get your arss out of bed!

2. I use justsnipe.com and have never had a problem! The only time I have lost is when my snipe amount is less than the highest bidder.

3. Absolutely understand how upset you must be. While I've never used a snipe service, I keep hearing other ladies on the forum rave about "justsnipe.com" so I think I may use it for myself in the future.

4. Maybe your snipe service's server went down. I've heard that can happen.

5. Yes, I guess that can happen but I hope not too often as I am looking into using one myself in the near future.

6. that would be so frustrating!
    good advise..get your bootie out of bed

7. I dont get what tamer is? Why would you be upset if you put your bid up to $105 and it sold for $91. Doesnt that mean you get it for a better price?

8. ^^ I think she's upset because it sold for $91... to someone else!

I use bidnapper.com, it's never let me down. I love it. And they have a free trial on at the moment too. I'm sorry to hear about your lost bag! :sad:

9. Ya, I wanted to buy it =(
    I didn't think of their service going down - I'll let ya'll know what happens (in case anyone else uses it)

10. I tried using a sniper and it didn't work! my computer savvy boyfriend un and then re installed it and set up a snipe for me, we work up, and NO AUCTION! it doesn't want to work, we think it is bc i have a mac. dunno. ive got a first gen mbp and it can be a bit buggy.

good luck next time, let us know what you end up using for a snipe, maybe post a link to it if it works for you!

11. I use e-snipe when I bid and I have never had a problem. That is really frustrating.

J

12. I seem to recall setting the alarm clock once just so I would get up in the middle of the night to make a bid. Pain, but it worked. Anyway, I hope you find another LV you like even more and for an even better price. :yes:

13. I seem to recall setting the alarm clock once just so I would get up in the middle of the night to make a bid. Pain, but it worked. Anyway, I hope you find another LV you like even more and for an even better price. :yes:

14. I have to use a sniper program, because bidding from my work computer is a fireable offense. Our intranet system is headed by former FBI and CIA people and they nail people all the time.