BOO! Favorite scary movie?

1. I am such a scardy cat, tonight my bf and I carved a pumkin and made pumkin cookies and wanted to watch a scary movie, so I picked a real corny one, lol 976 evil, totally from the 80's and really bad, Im stilll scared though :nuts::upsidedown::death:and cant sleep. :shame:. Just wondering what is everyones fav scariest movie, I love nightmare on elm street, those were the best and of course halloween what a classic! Now I cant sleep ahhh, Im gona go watch fear net. lol
  2. The one movie that never fails to creep me out no matter how old it is is Halloween. I've seen it like a million times and know every part that is about to happen but it still. creeps. me. out. When I just think about the music it gives me the heebie jeebies! :s
  3. Eek!! I don't really like scary movies, I'm a total baby when it comes to scary/bloody/violent movies. But if I had to chose, I would pick The Haunted. I don't mind the ghostly stuff as much.
    Haha...cute thread....sorry you can't sleep. That's totally me, that's why DH is watching Dawn of the Dead alone right now.:sweatdrop:
  4. ooh, i love scary movies. my faves are

~ the grudge
    ~ a tale of two sisters
    ~ the shutter
    ~ one missed call
  5. there's few on my list, but let's not call it favourite. because favourite meant i watched it over and over again. so let's call it impressive LOL

• the ring (japanese version)
    • the eye (Hongkong or taiwan?)
    • poltergeist
    • omen (the classic one, not the new one)
  6. I love Scary Movies.... and I definately have some favourites:

• The Ghost (Korean movie)
    • the whole Ginger Snaps series.... but the first one especially
    • Thirteen Ghosts.... not really scary but I love the movie.... and it's very cleverly done
    • The Omen (original version)
    • Dog Soldiers (It's funny as well)
    Those are my top five.... There are plenty others that I love, but yeah there you go
  7. I'm not really into scary films (maybe it's because I don't really find them that scary?), however I think there is something special about the Halloween films. I can't watch them over and over either like other films, I'll watch them once so that I know what people are talking about though!
  8. Tough one! I'd probably say.. A Tale of Two Sisters. This one really creeped me out. And I have a high tolerance for scary movies!
  9. I love scary movies. I watch them all the time. :smile: FearNet is awesome, too!

I really like the Scream series. And Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc.
  10. I like The Shining but I'm too scared to rewatch it. LOL. Those little twin demon girls give me the creeps.
  11. Another vote for The Shining. Last year I watched it in the middle of the day when DH wasn't home and it scared the living daylights out of me. And I had seen it before so it's not like I didn't know what was going to happen! I couldn't even walk down the hallway without thinking something was going to jump out at me! I'm such a wuss.
  12. I have several, in no particular order:

1. "Night of the Living Dead" (1968)
    2. "Dawn of the Dead" (2004)
    3. "Dawn of the Dead" (1978)
    (these three movies have strong black leads, which I like, and which we don't see enough of in cinema, especially in horror)
    3. "The Shining" (1980)
    4. "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" (1994)
    5. "Land of the Dead" (2005)
    6. "The Mummy" (Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee version) (1959)
    7. The "Final Destination" series
    8. "The Exorcist" (1973)

These are the ones I can think of right off hand, although there are others.
  13. Well since I am to scared to watch any these days LOL my past faves are....

1) The Exorcist
    2) The Shining
    3) Dawn of the Dead
    4) The Jason movies!!
  14. Ohhhh...I am so scared of scary movies also! I get so scared and won't watch them without my hubby. Some of the ones that scared me the most are:

The Grudge (that noise on that movie that the ghost made scared the jeebers out of me)

IT (that friggen clown always scares me)

The Exorcist

Exorcism Of Emily Rose (really scary!!)

House On Haunted Hill
  15. I love scary movies! Maybe it has something to do with my birthday being on Halloween. Lol!

Anyway the most disturbing movie that I seen recently was "28 weeks later". I haven't watched a horror movie that really disturbed me and scared me that much in awhile.

A classic favorite of mine is "Psycho".