Bombay bag(need help. Especially from La Van. YOu have the bag!)

aspenmartial

Over the rainbow~~~
O.G.
Apr 13, 2006
Is Bombay bag worth over kelly? The store I got red kelly from has Bombay 35 cm in black. WHat would you guys do? Would you let go of kelly over Bombay, or switch to another kelly? Need Help PLEASE!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

aspenmartial said:
Is Bombay bag worth over kelly? The store I got red kelly from has Bombay 35 cm in black. WHat would you guys do? Would you let go of kelly over Bombay, or switch to another kelly? Need Help PLEASE!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

It's a no brainer. Kelly is forever and Bombay just showed up:blink: Red Kelly will go with everything. The 35cm Bombay looks like a piece of luggage.

Hi Aspenmartial,

I'm from the Hermes forum on TFS. I just wanted to say, buy the kelly. It's a better investment over time and you will get more use out of it because it's such a classic. Hope this helps!

I also just want to add ... if you already have a Kelly, it might be a good alternative to get the Paris-Bombay. If you are tall then the 35cm should look good, but for me and my height, it's a no-no.

I would also like to emphasize that the Paris-Bombay is a gorgeous bag on its own and should not be compared to a Kelly. The Bombay is also a timeless bag in a very nice classic style. In addition, it's also quite limited and stores normally don't have tons of it. It's only a matter of preference if you like the style!

I find mine very useful and a good alternative to my Kelly.

I ask to reserve apple green one for me. Amazing thing though...stores would not take kelly credit for birkin purchast. Not that I want the red 25cm suede birkin, I just asked them for general return policy info. They will take other stores bags with original condition within 10 days with receipt, but not credit towards birkin they have. Very surprising.....

I ask to reserve apple green one for me. Amazing thing though...stores would not take kelly credit for birkin purchast. Not that I want the red 25cm suede birkin, I just asked them for general return policy info. They will take other stores bags with original condition within 10 days with receipt, but not credit towards birkin they have. Very surprising.....

Does it have to one over the other? I find that when I look at the Chanel's I own, each one is very, very different and I use them for different occassions. If there's anyway to keep both bags, I'd do it because they ARE so different. If not and only one is in your future then keep the Kelly.

Kelly first, then Bombay later, if you can. If you're going to get an apple green Kelly (yum, yum), then how about a Bombay pm in black box or Epsom as your next bag? I'm sure they'll keep making this bag and it will be more available later...